3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dodge repair history

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LazyLightning
...To reset the 'puter, just pull your battery cables for 15 or 20 minutes, or you can just touch em together. There is also a fuze you can pull, but dunno if your 07 would be the same as my 04. Theres always the search feature.
No search lately, unfortunately.

As for touching the battery cables together, make sure you also dance (clockwise) under the full moon while holding your left earlobe with your right hand. Otherwise, pull the "PCM" fuse and get in the truck. Buckle the belt, and turn the key to "on". Wait for all the chimes to stop. Put the fuse back in and start 'er up. It'll take a few miles for the computer to re-learn how you drive.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:12 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are going by the overhead, it lies sometimes. manually do the math and see what you get.

Also, if those tires are not the stock diameter, your speedo will be off and will make your calculations wrong.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say the fact that it's a 4x4 mixed with those tires is gonna bring the numbers down. In diameter, they are only .21" over stock, making your speedo slow by .622%, or 59.6mph at an actual 60mph. Negligible difference there. However, your 305 is 1.18" wider than stock, creating a considerably larger contact patch, which creates considerably more resistance against forward movement.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:47 AM
JerzyJayRo
Amateur

[quote=mikehtally; pull the "pcm" fuse and get in the truck. Buckle the belt, and turn the key to "on". Wait for all the chimes to stop. Put the fuse back in and start 'er up. It'll take a few miles for the computer to re-learn how you drive.[/quote]

thanks guys for all your help^^^^ is this really how i do the pcm relearn?
I would never use the overhead console,it was a manual figuring...

I dont have the maint records, thats why i orignally started this thread, to find out if there was anyone that the ability to search dodge dealership service/warranty repair history's

i changed the oil and trans fluid with filter... I will be doing the transfer case w/frt and rear diff fluids today.

What kind of spark plugs should i use?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:11 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Champion coppers, some use NGK which are fine. With 30k change intervals and no measurable gains from them, there is no reason to pay extra for platinum plugs. Some actually see degraded performance with them.

Any used vehicle I've ever bought got a COMPLETE tune-up as soon as I could get around to doing it, no matter if it came with service records or not. I like certain brands and don't trust what other people or dubious shops/dealerships use.

I don't do any real "city" driving, but my combo in/out of town driving is about 12.5 mpg, but I have my pig up to almost 7000 lbs. Highway I can usually nip 16'ish...

Old 04-21-2011, 09:26 AM
JerzyJayRo
Amateur

7,000 lbs !!!! Holy cow.............

Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JerzyJayRo
7,000 lbs !!!! Holy cow.............
Suspension lifts weigh a lot when it has to have a sub-frame due to the fact that an IFS truck has no solid axle to build off of.

Add winch, full stainless grill guard, a solid winch mount, 35" 8 ply tires, not to mention a tool box jammed full of tools, recovery gear and even a small welding setup plus my 280# *** was in it when I went on the junk yard scale to weigh it. At least the bed was empty (except the tool box). Just over 7000# with me in it, just under when I get out.

I really can't complain about the gas mileage...

Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 AM
JerzyJayRo
Amateur

Thanks for everyone's help

Old 04-22-2011, 12:27 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My 2wd weighs 5240 with a full tank of gas.

The heads and front might just look new because they are aluminum while the block is cast iron and the intake and valve covers are black plastic.

Name:  DSCN2545.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  114.0 KB

Quick Reply: Dodge repair history