3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Fellows with the diablo sport...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Huntman05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fellows with the diablo sport...

Are most of y'all running the predator or the trinity? I'm really leaning towards diablo rather than SC just because of what all I've heard about the diablo. Also what are your 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times along with mods? Thanks!!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:00 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I run the Predator ( Due to price over the Trinity) and am quite satisfied. I have no times to give you. I have never been to the track in the truck.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:37 PM
hemiman07
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have the Diablo for the same reason over the Trinity. I get a little better mileage, don't have the darn MSD anymore! I have never been to the track either. None around here other than Infineon, too far.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Huntman05

I found the trinity for $350. Has anyone heard if it's that much better than the predator?

Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

More options as far as displaying data. Tunes are about the same.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:39 PM
hemiman07
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EDIT: No more MDS.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the Trinity also. I have some vids of mine in you Youtube links in my sig. Feel free to check them out.

It has cooler features. You can datalog directly to it via SD card now versus to a laptop with the Predator. It has a single but stereo (read two channels here) 2.5mm jack to add up to two additional analog sensors like EGT or AFR. The Predator cannot do that. It can read a few more PIDs like Trans temp whereas the Predator cannot. Canned and custom tunes work the same on it though.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Huntman05

Originally Posted by weedahoe
I have the Trinity also. I have some vids of mine in you Youtube links in my sig. Feel free to check them out.

It has cooler features. You can datalog directly to it via SD card now versus to a laptop with the Predator. It has a single but stereo (read two channels here) 2.5mm jack to add up to two additional analog sensors like EGT or AFR. The Predator cannot do that. It can read a few more PIDs like Trans temp whereas the Predator cannot. Canned and custom tunes work the same on it though.
That's pretty neat!! Do you think it's worth the extra money over the predator? How much did You pay for yours? Thanks!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:30 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I paid about $400 on mine off CL. If you are serious about one then you have the check the Jeep boards, the Mustang and LX boards as well as the Dodge Ram boards and I think the CTDs use them also?? Not 100% on that without checking their site.

The average cost used for a Predator is 250. Then if you want a trans gauge thats another 50-75. Plus you need a laptop with a serial connection or have to buy a serial to USB adapter ($30) so you can log to the laptop.

Predator has no mount. The Trinity has two different type mounts. One is a suction cup windshield mount (comes with it) and the other is a 2 1/8" or 2 1/4" cup mount to fit in a gauge pod like the SRT A pillar.

The Trinity can have different screen layouts and even custom ones. The Predator is stuck in two colors. Light green background and dark green font.

If you do custom tuning with the Predator or Trinity you still need a wide band AFR meter to monitor WOT tuning. However, with the Predator and a AFR like the Innovate LC-1 ($150) you cannot log them together. You can do them at the same time but not together so you actually have one log from the Predator and another on the laptop of the AFR with the Innovate software. So you have to email out two logs and the tuner person has to read bother and match them up with RPMs/AFR

Now if you have the Trinity and Innovate LC-1, you do not need a laptop. You can (with the use of the analog cable you can buy or MAKE yourself - hint hint) plug the wide band into the Trinity and log everything including AFR all at once and in one log AND on the SD card in the Trinity. So no more software is needed. No laptop is needed. No separate logs are present.

Quick Reply: Fellows with the diablo sport...