3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2003 Dodge Ram Common Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:33 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meanwhile my 2003 shtpile manages to keep on running perfectly @ 77k miles. Absolutely nothing on the truck has failed - electrical or mechanical. I did replace the battery last year and it's due for fluid flushes this spring.

It's had a Superchips programmer for the past 5 years. Pull one wire and it's got nice firm shifts even if I can't adjust shift points with the programmer. The interior is perfect, leather looks great, and I've never had my 4x4 shifter fall onto the road because it's a ****! It is true the dash has a crack where the center channel is but if that's the worst the truck can throw at me now that it's 9 years old, I'll take it!

BTW, I wouldn't sell my truck for a dime less than $12k, and I sure as hell wouldn't swap it for a Ford or Chevy!

Old 01-24-2012, 04:07 PM
srini850
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John M
Meanwhile my 2003 shtpile manages to keep on running perfectly @ 77k miles. Absolutely nothing on the truck has failed - electrical or mechanical. I did replace the battery last year and it's due for fluid flushes this spring.

It's had a Superchips programmer for the past 5 years. Pull one wire and it's got nice firm shifts even if I can't adjust shift points with the programmer. The interior is perfect, leather looks great, and I've never had my 4x4 shifter fall onto the road because it's a ****! It is true the dash has a crack where the center channel is but if that's the worst the truck can throw at me now that it's 9 years old, I'll take it!

BTW, I wouldn't sell my truck for a dime less than $12k, and I sure as hell wouldn't swap it for a Ford or Chevy!
Glad to hear that your truck is running really well. Trucks like yours really raise my confidence in buying one of this vintage. Like mentioned before though, I really need to bring the price of some of these trucks down to do the maintenance its due for or save up and go for one with lower miles.

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Ram Common Issues