3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

pace edwards cover info please

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 PM
robinsonfam1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pace edwards cover info please

need some input from ppl with experience on these bed covers.

i found someone selling a used jack rabbit by pace edwards. biq question is will it still allow access to stake pockets?

thanks everyone!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Never heard of them so I did a search. Look just like a Retrax, except it looks like it has a hard time retracting itself all the way. Even the videos they showed it would stop around the front of the wheel wells??
Based on the pics and video HERE looks like it completely covers up the stake pockets.
I have a Peragon retracting cover. I really like it and it's half the cost of a Retrax at $600 shipped. How much is the Pace Edwards? I'd be worried about buying used as well. What if the cover doesn't retract well...Why is he selling it? I certainly wouldn't pay for a used cover what I could get a different brand brand new for!
Here's my install

Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Peragon
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robinsonfam1
need some input from ppl with experience on these bed covers.

i found someone selling a used jack rabbit by pace edwards. biq question is will it still allow access to stake pockets?

thanks everyone!
robinsonfam1,

One point of caution for you. I was talking to a dealer once about covers (he was asking me questions about the Peragon truck bed cover) and he said the brand you're considering has springs in the canister that can fail and it's a lot of work to replace them. If the springs are bad, you may want to check into the repair cost and time required to do the work. I was told that this cover has a lifetime warranty on the springs, which is great (maybe not transferable), but the labor to replace them is only covered for one year.

Our cover has springs too. They are a gas spring (like what hold a the hatch open on a topper) and if they fail, you can have the old ones off and new ones on in 30 seconds or less, without tools.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited by Peragon; 05-03-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:32 AM
robinsonfam1
Rookie

Appreciate the info.

I ended up buying it as it was only $200. The guy bought the truck not long ago and it came with it. He was selling because he wanted a fiberglass cover instead.

Yes it does cover the stake pockets but for the price and condition I'm happy. When the day comes to need the stakes open......well.....have tools and will cut. Lol

The cover sells for about $1k new. (Ouch!!!!!). I'd never pay that but for this price I'm fine. Can't even buy a snap cover for that price hardly

Old 05-03-2012, 08:14 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

So, did you already install it and it's good, works no problem?

BTW Rodger, I'd call them shocks on your cover, not really considered springs.

From their own video, I could tell the tension on their springs are weak even when new because the cover would stop around the wheel well area. They must have reduced tension so they didn't break as much.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 AM
robinsonfam1
Rookie

Yes I installed it there with the help of the seller. Took ten minutes.
Works good! If you barely push it stops at wells but if you give a small shove it flies back!
I do need to readjust it and install drain tubes from the canister this weekend.

I'd say if someone can find one at this price then go for it but I wouldn't pay full retail. I just have a hard time justifying the $1000-1400 for any cover.

Quick Reply: pace edwards cover info please