3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

all weather tire

Old 03-23-2013, 06:09 PM
trz
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all weather tire

I've got an 05 ram QC 1500 4x4 with 20s. looking for a good all weather tire. don't really do any off roading just two tracking while hunting but mostly just country road driving and a little highway driving. Looking for something moderatly priced, I don't need he most expensive tires on the market but don't necessaril want the cheapest ones either. Don't really do much hawling either, just pull my 26ft. tt twenty miles a couple times a month in the summer. Oh I might mention I live in west Michigan along the lake so we do see some snow!

Old 03-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Got_Mitch
Professional

toyos, are mid priced, and very decent tire. Look at tirerack.com. they have reviews on most of there AT tires. check em out

Old 03-24-2013, 05:12 AM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bridgestone, Michelin or General are all good mid range brands

Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

I never shop much for tires since I replace them every 6-8 years but if looking at Michelins, take a look at Costco since you tend to be able to pick up 4 of them for less than many local shops carrying lesser tires and I've had nothing but good luck with them. My truck came from the nursery with Michelin AS and just got the MS/2 a little over a year ago. When looking around, most complaints against Michelins are about price and not the tires themselves. More of a quiet road tire with good mpg and winter traction which could work for you since you say you don't offroad much.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the firestone destination line. Good wet road tire and reasonably priced

Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I believe it was Hammer who said he had a buddy in upstate NY who was fairing very well with his 3rd gen on Destination A/T's. Plowing and all. My wife had them on a 2WD XTerra (I know, drastically different vehicles) and they were awesome in wet, dry and the little bit of snow we experienced when living in Arkansas.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
I believe it was Hammer who said he had a buddy in upstate NY who was fairing very well with his 3rd gen on Destination A/T's. Plowing and all. My wife had them on a 2WD XTerra (I know, drastically different vehicles) and they were awesome in wet, dry and the little bit of snow we experienced when living in Arkansas.

I've had three sets of them on two different vehicles and they are really good all-around tires. I run the street tread LE2's on my 2 wheel drive sport and they wear well and are awesome in the wet

Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

I love my dick cepek FC-II's. if you get antthing Mickey Thompson (they own cepek) it'll last you at least 80k miles. They are pricey but hey it's American! Plus the cost will even out with how long they will last you

Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I like the BFG Long Trail T/A's. They did good in the slow/ice last year and are good for mostly pavement driving. They last a long time too. Got mine at Sears.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:43 PM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BF G's

I recently put BF G Rugged Terrian T/A, wow what a tire, does amazing in dry, wet , snow. Best truck tire I have had, looks great and very quiet as well, would highly recommend. Surprised havent heard much from other members on this tire..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: all weather tire