3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New to Forum....Intro and Pics of my new truck!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM
DonniePalmer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum....Intro and Pics of my new truck!

Well guys I have posted a few times on here but mainly in search of advice while purchasing my new truck. I just picked up a 2004 QC Hemi with 116,000 miles. Below is a list of the options and below that is a few pictures. It isn't perfect but I don't think I could have found a cleaner example for an 04 truck with over 100,000 miles on it. It was a one owner truck, no accident, with maintenance records from CarFax.

2004 Ram QC
-3.92 anti spin rearend
-AWD transfer case
-Towing Package
-Laramie Package
-Chrome Clad wheels
-Navigation/Infinity sound
-Leather w/suede Inserts
-Power/Heated Seats
-Dual Climate Control
-Power Heated Mirrors

Extras
-Chrome mirrors and door handles
-Chrome Step Bars
-Really nice role top tonneau cover

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn nice truck.
Very nice very nice.
The radio is pretty cool too, never knew Dodge had that type of head unit stock.

You did good.

Now for my critique....get rid of the chrome mirror and door handle covers. lol

Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Nice. Chances are if someone spent the extra green on the bells and whistles, they likely took care if it. I am a chrome guy myself but those mirrors would take some getting used to. My son, who is responsible for all the black goodies mine sports now, would tell you to blackout and plastidip everything you can. I think he would rattle can my whole truck black if I let him.

First time I have seen a navi head unit like that too. My mother still drives a Chrysler Pacifica from around that vintage and it has a nice navi in it but it is separate from the radio. I just prefer the dash mount navis because they don't throw a fit when you try to push a button while the vehicle is in gear:

Last edited by 04HemiGreg; 04-24-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
DonniePalmer

Thanks, It definitly was taken care of. The rear end was rebuilt by the dealership around 4 years ago.....probably due to the usual problem these have had with the anti spin axle grenading because of the c-clips falling out. Other than that it looks like the owner sprange to have the axles, transmission, and transfer case fluids changed out at 30k, 60k, and 90k at the dealer, among routine oil changes. The fact that they did that allows me to feel pretty secure in its condition for sure!

Oh and you are right about the mirrors! I tried taking those covers off already but they are on pretty good. I like all the other chrome but the mirrors take it over the top in my opinion. That tape really holds them too well.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

The front and rear diff fluids are supposed to be replaced at those intervals usually if the truck has been towing. Or if you're just OCD. The trans is DEFINITELY to be changed every 30k. These trucks can get bitchy if you don't.

As for the mirrors, they're probably factory Mopar covers which is why they won't come off. lol I've seen a bunch of Rams with those sitting in the dealer lots.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM
DonniePalmer

As for the mirrors they are on there will double sided tape, they were pulling the factory covers off when I tried getting them off. Tough to tell. Anyone got any good tricks for them?

I know that those are the recommended intervals, it just is nice to know that the were actually done on time. Most people skimp on those areas of the driveline frequently. I cant tell you how many 4wd vehicles I have test drove and checked, that all the fluids were burnt or low....not to mention the few I bought where I wasnt able to check the axles and they were never even cracked open at 100k

Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I can't think of anything that would get the covers off without being a pain or making something kind of nasty.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:20 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That's a nice looking truck. They best way to fix the mirror issue it to get a set of tow mirrors. No chrome and better mirrors. I got mine a www.usautoparts.net. They are not bad for the money.
http://www.usautoparts.net/catalog/?...607+11921+9163

Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM
cuda19791
Rookie

Thats a great looking truck.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 PM
MarXzies
Amateur

Very nice!

Quick Reply: New to Forum....Intro and Pics of my new truck!