3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Going to get rid of Ginger...

Old 05-22-2013, 11:35 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a 12v and prepare to fix body work as I see you live in Texas. lol

Old 05-23-2013, 07:23 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

Looking into the early-mid 80's then if you don't want any computer crap. What electrical issues are you having? Unless you go into the 80's you'll still have a mess of sensors and a bunch of other garbage under the hood.

edit: I had a gasser in my head not a cummins. Since you want a SFA chevy is out. Maybe a square body Ford with a 5.8? They were kinda hit and miss tho I think, not too familiar with them. I see you mentioned a ramcharger. I like them I had one for awhile (red and gold canyon sport edition) and while it was a pretty sweet looking truck it was probably the most impractical vehicle I ever owned.

Last edited by jnellydodge; 05-23-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:56 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold my 3rd gen last november, though i still run 3rd gens as my work fleet- i bought a f250 super duty 6.4psd for my personal rig...

i've never seen nor heard of a platform more easily manipulated than this thing.. base 350hp/515tq, with a simple tuner, exhaust, and intake- i have (verified) 600hp and over 1200# at the wheels- i get around 17MPG daily driving, which stretches out to around 20 on the highway unloaded, but hovers about 17 with #6k+ behind me...

other than exhaust, tuner, and intake, the only other significant mod I've done is fuel lift pump, but only to improve filtration and water separation abilities.. I will never be one of those dudes who runs a #7k truck at a drag strip, but others with similar builds have done so- and they are floggin' 13 second trucks.. some single cabs 2wd are in the mid to high 12's with the same mods I've done.. some trucks just like mine with a little bit more work, such as a batmowheel spinner and ported heads/rails are touching into the high 11's... it is floggin' nuts what these engines can do..

you can get the same out of a duramax or a cummins, but you better be ready to drop some coin to get it.. again, the 6.4L powerstroke is a floggin animal with minimal work..

Old 05-23-2013, 11:45 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

A 12v valve you can just adjust the fueling screw on the pump to get more power.

Then, of course, you need more air from there.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gunna have to post a big nevermind lol I decided to keep what I've got. Adhd moment lol. My electrical problem is that my alternator was just shot and my truck was running solely on it's battery. Now my abs and brake light are on but there is no problem there. They said it's because of my tuner

Old 05-23-2013, 12:43 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Your tuner will not cause the ABS/BRAKE lights to come on. You've got something else going on here.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:46 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how long did it sit up while the electrical problem was an issue? I've seen axles that haven't moved recently get an ABS light... it's on the tone ring.. chances are it will go away..

the brake light? as in outside the truck? check your switch on the pedal... otherwise, the two can be related because the emergency brake is bound up and tripping the switch..

also- those things are finicky electrically too- chances are, it may correct itself at any rate.. for instance, I once went well over two years w/o running a/c.. when i turned it on, i got some strange lights that didn't last long.. i figure it was because of electrical demand that the pcm wasn't used to regulating, though it adjusted...

Last edited by drewactual; 05-23-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:45 PM
ewing111
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

good choice, you've got a nice lookin truck

Old 05-23-2013, 05:49 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I told the tuner I have 33's instead of 35's could that be a problem? Also on a side note, today I ordered black Weston step bars and mossy oak camo vent visors. I'm gunna start camoing out my truck ha what do yall think? As you can see I don't really care about the abs and break lights

Old 05-23-2013, 08:46 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

You made the right choice on keeping your truck IMO. Now as to your choice of camo on a red truck....lol well to each their own i'll leave it at that.

Search this Thread