3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2004 Ram Hemi ????'s on Shocks, Brakes, Interior LED's, Etc. NEED SUGGESTIONS Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Juvat90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Ram Hemi ????'s on Shocks, Brakes, Interior LED's, Etc. NEED SUGGESTIONS Please

Hello Guys and Gals...

I bought my Ram last year and it's in great shape and was well cared for. It has had regular maintenance since new, and I just did the FULL 90K service via the owners manual including new BFG Trailmaster tires, front brakes and rebuilt front calipers.

I'm picky on doing things to better my vehicles and $ is no issue when it comes to quality!

Here's what I need help with:

SHOCKS.....My 2004 1500 is too rough riding. There has to be something that can improve this?! Yes, ther shocks are stock and original, but the springs seem to be the issue. It is a 1/2 ton. What if I bought aftermarket KYB shocks? Any suggestions?

BRAKES..... I need to stop in SoCal. Are EBC brakes a good brand? I'm willing to remove the 6 month old OEM new rotors and ceramic pads in the front and replace if there is something better. The rears are untouched as I bought the truck.

REAR END SKIPS AROUND.....You hit 3-5 bumps in a row and the entire rear end starts jumping around. I bungied a 130# dock bumper on the rear of he bed and it helped a lot, but isn't there a better fix??

FRONT END STABILITY.....What about a quality steering stabilizer for the front to keep it under control better??

LED's INTERIOR......Where can I buy a "Quality" interior LED kit for all??

FOG LIGHTS.....I have none and want to buy the cups/lights and was looking at Demon Eyes VS OEM. Demon is less expensive and looks great plus a simple harness to install. Suggestions?

REAR TAILIGHTS HOUSINGS....Was looking for a quality replacement to the OEM.

Thanks for your help on all. I do realize I own a truck, but some of these upgrades would make the driving experience better.
My truck is a 2004 Ram Quad Cab Hemi with 100K on the clock and in excellent condition!
Mike

Old 05-11-2014, 10:22 PM
brickjaw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put Monroe Reflex on all 4 corners, plus new leaf springs and a the steering rack.
Rides and drives like new. Seriously. I have wicked OCD and I'm never satisfied but I'm telling you it drives as good as a brand new truck.
All of my other suspension components appear to be in good shape, ball joints, control arms, etc...as well as the body bushings and mounts.
It all works together. The better the overall condition of all the components the better the results.
You could put the best shocks money can buy on it and still ride like crap if anything else is out of order.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:00 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To chime in on a few of your questions, I have heard mostly good things about the demon eyes, I wouldn't be scared to put those in. I don't know if there is a "kit" that you can buy to do all of your interior lights in led's, but there are several threads on how to do it, I recently replaced my cluster lights, trip computer, hvac, dome and map lights in blue, it was pretty easy to do myself. I also know you can order custom cluster's in various designs and colors if that's something you are interested in. I just ordered all of my led's off of superbrightleds.com.

What are you looking for for taillights? LED replacement? Smoked? Clear?

I also put the brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads on my truck about 10k miles ago, im very happy with them, don't know about the EBC. Brakemotive is a sponsor on our site and has a deal for all four tires, rotors and pads like 210 shipped to your door, cant beat that.

Quick Reply: 2004 Ram Hemi ????'s on Shocks, Brakes, Interior LED's, Etc. NEED SUGGESTIONS Please