3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

pictures of y pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:57 AM
rebeltaz83
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default pictures of y pipe?

does anybody have any pictures of the old stock y-pipe, and the new aftermarket y-pipe that is less restrictive? and possibly some before and after pictures installed on their truck?

i have a 2500 heavy duty, i'm sure it already has a less restrictive exhaust on it, it has no resonators. and it's 3" all the way from the y-pipe. it has the left bank and right bank separate with their own cats. then it comes to a y-pipe and runs 3" to the muffler to the right rear of the truck behind the right rear tire. i threw on a flowmaster super 44 delta flow muffler, as the stock muffler rotted out.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed my Y-pipe all together, had the shop cut the pipe after the cats and run 2 pipes down into a dual in/dual out muffler. Much better,

Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 PM
rebeltaz83
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctodus
I removed my Y-pipe all together, had the shop cut the pipe after the cats and run 2 pipes down into a dual in/dual out muffler. Much better,
i will probably go with true duels later down the road. not sure what i want to do yet with the exhaust. alot of options.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:08 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Before your y pipe is what comes stock on the truck. Check the long tube headers DIY for some exhaust pics.

Quick Reply: pictures of y pipe?