3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Do not buy brakemotive!!!

Old 10-22-2014, 12:18 PM
HEMIX2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not buy brakemotive!!!

I went with the ebay special brakemotive brakes based solely on the good things I have heard in this forum. However after having them on my truck for 5,000 miles and roughly 6.5 months the rotors are now smooth with the slot and squeak so bad. I am out $350 and when I emailed the company they offered to give me a discounted set but basically oh well. I am not paying more money for ****ty brakes, these have never been outstanding. I would consider these OEM quality, I guess I am going back to quality brands like EBC, Baer, Hawks, etc.

I just wanted to warn all of my fellow dodge owners. Stay away from these ****ty brakes!!!!

Old 10-26-2014, 09:54 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I never had a problem with them and have owned several sets of their rotors!
I'm extremely hard on my brakes too. I mean HARD.
My last car Buick Lesabre, I would come off the highway at 80mph and literally slam on the brakes...EVERYTIME. Car is 3600lbs. I put 20kmi on those rotors and just prior to selling I swapped my wheels and the rotors looked to be in great shape. The slots were halfway worn, but certainly not even close to being gone. I did however use Thermo-Quiet pads rather than the one's the kit would have came with.
Do you have Semi-metallic pads?

Problem with their brakes are the cheap pads.
Pad squeal is from pads vibrating...This goes for all pads. To reduce this, you'll see pads with shims on the back. I ALWAYS put THIS on the back of the pads where it contacts the caliper and piston.
It's an aenerobic style RTV sealant that stops the squeal.

Last edited by dirtydog; 10-26-2014 at 10:00 AM. Reason: link
Old 10-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I never had a problem with them and have owned several sets of their rotors!
I'm extremely hard on my brakes too. I mean HARD.
My last car Buick Lesabre, I would come off the highway at 80mph and literally slam on the brakes...EVERYTIME. Car is 3600lbs. I put 20kmi on those rotors and just prior to selling I swapped my wheels and the rotors looked to be in great shape. The slots were halfway worn, but certainly not even close to being gone. I did however use Thermo-Quiet pads rather than the one's the kit would have came with.
Do you have Semi-metallic pads?

Problem with their brakes are the cheap pads.
Pad squeal is from pads vibrating...This goes for all pads. To reduce this, you'll see pads with shims on the back. I ALWAYS put THIS on the back of the pads where it contacts the caliper and piston.
It's an aenerobic style RTV sealant that stops the squeal.
I've been using this for years.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:14 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Who (auto parts store) sells them?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do not buy brakemotive!!!