3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

LKQ/Keystone Platinum Rear bumper quiality/fitment ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Joe.G
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LKQ/Keystone Platinum Rear bumper quiality/fitment ?

Hi, I have a really clean 2004 Ram 1500 SLT with the Painted bumper, The only real rust issue I have with the truck is the rear bumper is starting to rust a bit and I would like to replace it.

How do the LKQ/Keystone platinum Rear bumpers fit? I can get them for about $100 less then the Factory, My Buddy got a Rear Bumper from JC Whittney and I am not a fan of how it fit and I don't wan the same issue, I hear the LKQ parts fit nice just wondering what you guys think thanks.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:58 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have an LKQ bumper on my Dakota and it's a total PIECE OF CRAP. It scratched with a shop rag and dents VERY easy. I had a fender, but sent t back 2 times because it was downright pathetic quality. Cheap *** insurance companies write their estimates with that stupid junk and it makes me FUME. There isn't a thing wrong with salvage OEM as long as it's not rusted.

I would rather have Salvage Yard OEM than LKQ any day, any time.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by TNtech; 06-12-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Joe.G
Veteran

Do you know which level you had, I guess they make a standard one then there upgraded Platinum one.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:49 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I moved the thread to the Ram section out from the detailing section.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Joe.G
Veteran

Ok, so first bumper I order my friend who owns the bodyshop paints it all bumper looks great go to swap it on and the OEM Step pad don't fit ( Bumper fits on truck fine ) , Order there Pad and it fit's just like the OEM, Order a Complete bumper assembly pad and all from same place Pad fits better but not great, Do a trial fit before painting and bumper is off side to side, sticks out about an inch on Right side and is in about an inch on left side.

Sending both back and ordered a OEM bumper from East coast Mopar, I hope to see it early this week, And I think it comes with a new OEM Pad, I hope this fits right.

Only rust issue on this truck is the rear bumper the rest of the truck is very clean.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Joe.G
Veteran

Finally got it back together new OEM Bumper and Pad, The OEM bumper did come damaged and it was not from shipping it was from the stamping process both sides were wavy and needed to be repaired, I called up East coast Mopar and they said they would either send me a new one or help cover the cost to get the damaged one repaired so i went that route.

I must say that Andy and Denny from http://eastcoastmoparts.com/ are great bunch of guys to work with and that is the only place ill shop for mopar parts from now on.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:11 AM
Joe.G
Veteran

Mine was Primed from factory, I painted and cleared it front and back and then I put a clear chip guard like the factory uses on lower part of cars and trucks, I used this on the inside. I did notice that the new bumper seemed lighter then the Original one and also the aftermarket one.

Quick Reply: LKQ/Keystone Platinum Rear bumper quiality/fitment ?