3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

dash covers for a 3rd gen 1500

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 03:21 PM
bakerman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash covers for a 3rd gen 1500

Hi guys

I am just another victim of the notorious cracked dash on an '03 Ram 1500. The more I look at this I really feel that a new dash cover to go over the cracked on may be the only way to go.

Have anyone out there ever used on of these? Will it really be obvious to anyone in the truck that it's a cap?

Or maybe should I try to fix the one I have?

Just dunno...

Old 04-04-2016, 12:36 AM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bakerman
Hi guys

I am just another victim of the notorious cracked dash on an '03 Ram 1500. The more I look at this I really feel that a new dash cover to go over the cracked on may be the only way to go.

Have anyone out there ever used on of these? Will it really be obvious to anyone in the truck that it's a cap?

Or maybe should I try to fix the one I have?

Just dunno...

Replacing the dash isn't a particularity daunting task. Many have tried to seal the cracks, but more will form. I've used the slip on cover before. It's alright, but in my case just knowing it was cracked under the cover bothered me enough to order a new dash.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:59 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't really fix it, best bet (though involved) is to replace it with one of the aftermarket ones or one out of a newer truck (got mine out of an 04-05).

Old 04-17-2016, 06:33 AM
bakerman
Professional

Yeah, I think I'll just replace it. The "just knowing" what's under the cover would really drive me nuts...

Old 04-27-2016, 04:12 PM
slyster
Default some options for your dash

Hi there,

I put the glue on type dash cap on my 95 dodge and it works okay. But...I have an issue with how it looks in/with the defrost vents. Have to say I like the original look better. The dash in my 02 is also cracked. LMC offers a replacement dash from the 100 to 300 dollar range (depending on dash part-02's have two pieces) and there is a company on E-Bay, called Dashskin that also offers a replacement dash around 400 bucks. The one on E-Bay also has alternate mounting locations since the original ones are junk (on the 95 at least), and a lifetime warranty. I don't believe the dash from LMC has a warranty.

But those are the two options I'm contemplating. Gotta love the dodge plastic

Old 05-01-2016, 04:16 AM
bakerman
Professional

Originally Posted by slyster
Hi there,

I put the glue on type dash cap on my 95 dodge and it works okay. But...I have an issue with how it looks in/with the defrost vents. Have to say I like the original look better. The dash in my 02 is also cracked. LMC offers a replacement dash from the 100 to 300 dollar range (depending on dash part-02's have two pieces) and there is a company on E-Bay, called Dashskin that also offers a replacement dash around 400 bucks. The one on E-Bay also has alternate mounting locations since the original ones are junk (on the 95 at least), and a lifetime warranty. I don't believe the dash from LMC has a warranty.

But those are the two options I'm contemplating. Gotta love the dodge plastic
Good ideas there. But I should add here that so far I've been pretty dissed by LMC Truck. I had to replace the rear view mirrors on both sides of my '03, and I got them both from LMC. Okay, the price beats originals, but frankly they are JUNK. Really cheap material and they tend to vibrate on the road. And had I known in advance what I was going to receive, I'd have paid the money for originals.

Quick Reply: dash covers for a 3rd gen 1500