3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Sheradon still a good choice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 09:10 PM
jfotsch
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sheradon still a good choice?

About 3 or 4 years ago I was looking into improving the performance of my 545rfe. I started with the sonnax and then got the sc 3950 with trans tune but they did not like each other. (Hard and inconsistent downshifts)
I orderd a stage 2 valve body from Sheradon and talked to the same guy 2 times on the phone and about a month later I called to find out why I had not gotten the valve body and found out that they never even built one for me so I got pissed and just asked for my money back.
My truck just hit 100k and was curious if it would be a bad idea to slip a stage 2 in her on my next trans service. I have had a solenoid block for it on my shelf for over 3 years now too and figured I would just do the two together while I was there?
The trans runs like a champ and keeps good temps by guage coming off hot line to tow pkg radiator. (runs 50 over ambient on highway)
How many are still running the Sheradon valve body without issues?
Am I just thinking about wasting money here or are they really worth it?

Thanks,

04 ram qcsb, 4wd, hemi, oem off-road 17's,BFG LT's, airraid cai, cortex 3950, power wire,grnded t-body, y-pipe, Detroit TT, Mag Hytec trans and rear diff, SRT A-pillar w/trans temp guage, 190 t-stat, cross-drilled/slotted frt/back, RP stopped the tick.