3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bigger Replacement Gas Tank?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 11:46 AM
molokovellocet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigger Replacement Gas Tank?

Been getting tired of only getting 230-260 miles on a tank with the stock 26 Gallon. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a larger underbed replacement tank for a 2003 1500 SLT, 5.9L Gas with a 6.5' Bed? I've checked both Transferflow and Titan, but it looks like they only make diesel tanks.

Since I don't have a longbed would I run into issues fitting a larger tank without removing the spare tire? I would prefer not to install an in-bed aux tank since I already have a toolbox back there and space is limited as it is. If I can't find one I may have to just put up with the stock 26 gal.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by molokovellocet; 03-02-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:44 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, Mopar lol...34, 35 and 36 gallon tanks were options on these trucks. Fairly easy to swap one in. Something I thought about doing but could never find a tank close enough that someone didn't want an inordinate amount of money for. The larger portion of the tank actually sticks further forward into the empty are under the bed. Do a search through Weedahoe's posts, he did this swap with pics.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:15 PM
molokovellocet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:19 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by molokovellocet
Awesome, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the info.
If you have the overhead console module that shows DTE it will be off because of the tank size change, there is a menu in the dealership computer to change this.