3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to disable automatic door locking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 06:06 PM
jh44
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable automatic door locking?

Is there a way to disable the security feature that automatically locks all of the doors?

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 1500

Thanks

Old 05-04-2007, 08:34 PM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: How to disable automatic door locking?

If you're talking about the locks engaging when you get over 10 mph, check your manual. Otherwise the dealership should be able to change it for you, I believe 04 was the first year of the CAN bus, which interfaces with the STARSCAN tool.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:09 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to disable automatic door locking?

To shut off autolock;

enter the truck and close all doors

Fasten driver seat belt

place key in ignition

within 10 seconds, cycle the key from off to on four times ending in the on position, do not start engine.

withing 30 seconds, press the driver's door lock switch in the lock direction.

a single chime will be heard (if you buckled the seat belt) and it means its disabled.

To turn it back on, do the same procedure.

If a chime is not heard, it means the program mode was cancelled because you took too long.

If multiple chimes are heard it meand you didn't buckle the driver seat belt.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:58 PM
decreebass
Default Sorry for the necro bump, but...

How do you do this for an '06 WITHOUT power locks?

All I have is the little plunger that goes up and down to unlock/lock (respectively). It automatically locks when the engine starts (or at a certain speed, it varies) and automatically unlocks when I turn the truck off. It's super annoying to always have to manually lock it when I go into a store or whatever, or to have to unlock it if I'm picking someone up, etc.

The manual says nothing about how to disable this feature in this case: no power features, but yes auto-lock/unlock.

If there's no way to disable it, does anyone know what fuse controls it? I'm at my wit's end; I'm ready to start snipping random wires lol. I pulled about 5 fuses from my truck that might've related to the "power locks" but nope. No change.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:32 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by djr04
If you're talking about the locks engaging when you get over 10 mph, check your manual. Otherwise the dealership should be able to change it for you, I believe 04 was the first year of the CAN bus, which interfaces with the STARSCAN tool.
2006. 2005 and prior are PCI bus, yuo need a DRBIII or DRB emulator. Anyone near MD who can't figure it out I can do it.

Quick Reply: How to disable automatic door locking?