3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiring Harness Plus behind grille?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:26 PM
spinfreak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring Harness Plus behind grille?

While screwing around on the truck today, I started looking at stuff a little closer. I noticed that there is a plug that's capped off on a wiring harness right next to the driver's side headlight. I know there's alot of different plugs on the truck for different options/accessories that are/were available. Does anybody know what that plug in particular is for?

FYI....I'm not talking about the plug that's behind the bumper for the fog lights. This one is right there as soon as you open the hood. It's mounted right onto the bracket for the driver's side headlight.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:38 PM
cr80renob
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wiring Harness Plus behind grille?

I wondered the same thing so I asked it a while ago and here is what I got.....

ORIGINAL: vwomein

That's your outside temp sensor for the overhead gauge pack. Your fog light wire is by the drivers side
back of the front bumper bar(if yours is prewired).
Here is the thread if you want to see a pic....

P.S.- I edited the page because there was a link in there that didn't work, so I took it out.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:41 PM
cr80renob
Captain

P.S- Too bad New Jersey Devils couldn't rally back and win the series! That sucks!!! [sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 05-06-2007, 09:02 PM
spinfreak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's weird. I even mentioned to my fiancee that for a wire to be all the way up front like that, that I would guess that it could only be for a temp sensor.While I didn't look very closely at it, it did look like all of the other connectors that are just capped off with nothing attached to it. I guess maybe it wasn't just capped off, but the end was actually the temp sensor, because I have the overhead console with the temp and it works.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

If you have an overhead temp/ compass/ trip computer... it is the thermostat for that.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:05 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sometimes it just makes it in. My wife's Liberty has one wired in, same part # as mine, works the same (I plugged into my harness to test it). Except she doesn't have an overhead console. Yet, anyway, but this will make my task a little easier.

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness Plus behind grille?