3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where are the head light fuses on a -04 quad cab 5.7?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 04:29 PM
jay8833
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: I finally changed the power distribution center (fuse block) and it finally fixed all of my lighting issues. Apparently there is an issue with the chip boards inside the PDC that are known to corrode. I do not recommend getting one from an auto salvage since those will probably have the same corrosion issue.

There was nothing wrong with the FCM so I re-installed the old one. Unfortunately the dealership does not accept returns on any electronic components. Anyone interested in purchasing a front control module (FCM). Check out ebay links. I have a new one and used one. Part numbers are 56051036 and 56049681.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...#ht_500wt_1182

Old 10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
jay8833

Update: I finally changed the power distribution center (fuse block) and it finally fixed all of my lighting issues. Apparently there is an issue with the chip boards inside the PDC that are known to corrode. I do not recommend getting one from an auto salvage since those will probably have the same corrosion issue.

There was nothing wrong with the FCM so I re-installed the old one. Unfortunately the dealership does not accept returns on any electronic components. Anyone interested in purchasing a front control module (FCM). Check out ebay links. I have a new one and used one. Part numbers are 56051036 and 56049681.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:05 PM
dhawke
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default head light problem

Hello I was wondering if you have found the problem with the head lights I have the same problem I have changed the head light plug I have checked in side the fuse box look to be in very good shape no corrosion and checked the head light switch im stumped is there a relay I dont know about

Old 07-27-2014, 06:10 PM
dhawke
Default I called dodge Canada

I was wondering if anyone has been in contact dodge Canada if not lets flood dodge with phone *1-800-465-2001

Old 07-28-2014, 12:06 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dhawke
I was wondering if anyone has been in contact dodge Canada if not lets flood dodge with phone *1-800-465-2001
dhawke,

Our Customer Care Dept. is available at 1-800-465-2001 to assist our customers whenever possible.

Our dealership network is also available to all customers seeking technical details pertaining to their vehicle and any repairs or service performed.

Have you recently changed the head lights? Have you had an opportunity to get a diagnosis?

Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 AM
dhawke

Oh I have contacted costumer service and they tell me there are no recalls on this item well thats bull ****

Old 07-31-2014, 09:12 PM
stenerson
Veteran

I had the headlight issue 3 years ago. I got a used fusebox with a FCM attached for 100 bucks on ebay. The FCM did the trick. This year the problem came back. Luckily it was the PDC (fusebox) this time and that spare did the trick. So if you have an extra one you might want to hold on to it.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:38 PM
dhawke

Hello again yes I changed both bulbs and I still have the same problem that's what I thought at first when my right head light went out but it still doesn't work on low beam but day time and high beam are working just fine so I tried to trouble shoot I checked the fuse box it's self looks clean and no corrosion then I went to the wiring harness to look for broken wires so I put it all back together retaped back together and tie raped all is good there then I checked the head light switch appears to be in good shape and the multi function switch seems to work just fine I have a mechanical background not licenced but know what im doing so when I talked to costumer service I really got no where with them because like I have said before there are no recalls on this issue and there should be with out the public to buy you're product there is no dodge is thus what you want to happen because if you dont stop treating us like crap people will shop else where and word is getting around about dodge

Quick Reply: Where are the head light fuses on a -04 quad cab 5.7?