3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Horn honk when locking doors on 07

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Earl73
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horn honk when locking doors on 07

Had the same problem. Best guess from the dealership was that it was something to do with the factory remote start because the trucks without that option were working with the owners' manual directions. They turned off the honk for me (I find it aggravating... I know when I have locked the doors). Side bonus is that it doesn't honk when remote starting now... don't have to worry about the waking the neighbors at 5:30 this winter to warm up truck from inside house.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Ben D.
Champion

worked fine on the first try to make it stop it on my dad's 06 ram

Old 09-18-2007, 02:35 PM
biglg
Professional

Glad I found this thread. I too have tried to undo the horn honking while locking the vehicle on my 07. I think my neighbors thought i was crazy. I too thougth I was crazy that I couldnt follow the freaking simple steps in the manul to shut the horn up.

However, i easily got the unlock button to unlock all doors with one push of the button. That worked perfectly the first time. Strange that I cant get the horn function to shut off. I DONT have the factory remote start either.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:02 PM
gymfreek69

ORIGINAL: slapshot12

It worked on my 07, until I got it home and turned it off. There was a pamphlet in my truck that listed some common proceedures, it was handy.

hereare the keyless entry steps that turned my horn honk off on the first try....

1) press and hold the LOCK button on the key for atleast 4 seconds, but less than 10 seconds
2) Continue to hold the LOCK button and then press the PANIC button while continuing to hold the LOCK button
3) Release both buttons at the same time

This process can be used to turn it off or on, just repeat the steps. If you accidentally set off the horn during this process by pressing PANIC, press it again to turn it off.

I also have the follow steps if anyone needs them:

1) Auto door locks at 15 mph
2) Keyless entry turn signal flash
3) auto unlock of all doors when drivers door opens
4) keyless entry, unlock drivers door on first press, all others on second press on unlock button
how do you auto unlock all of the doors when the drivers door opens? I have a 06 and the manual instr. didnt work for the horn so i figured yours for this might work too!

Old 09-19-2007, 07:15 PM
chadrules
Rookie

Iturned off the honk, the trick was to drive the truck over 15mph so the doors auto lock, then follow the directions to disable the honk.I tried many times and that way it worked for me.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:52 PM
2006RamCrazy
Professional

Originally Posted by slapshot12
It worked on my 07, until I got it home and turned it off. There was a pamphlet in my truck that listed some common proceedures, it was handy.

hereare the keyless entry steps that turned my horn honk off on the first try....

1) press and hold the LOCK button on the key for atleast 4 seconds, but less than 10 seconds
2) Continue to hold the LOCK button and then press the PANIC button while continuing to hold the LOCK button

This process can be used to turn it off or on, just repeat the steps. If you accidentally set off the horn during this process by pressing PANIC, press it again to turn it off.

4) keyless entry, unlock drivers door on first press, all others on second press on unlock button
Thank you thank you

The procedures in the owners manual DID NOT WORK for my 06.....I just tried your instructions and it worked perfectly....Thank you!

Thank gawd.....the honking interfered with the voice response on my Viper alarm which uses the factory Keyless to lock and unlock the truck.

Last edited by 2006RamCrazy; 03-13-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Busdriver9
Professional

Originally Posted by slapshot12

Could you pass along step 3) auto unlock of all doors when drivers door opens....I would appreciate it so much!

Old 03-15-2010, 04:58 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Busdriver9
Could you pass along step 3) auto unlock of all doors when drivers door opens....I would appreciate it so much!
does anyone have the one where all doors unlock when unlock is pressed once?

Old 03-15-2010, 05:39 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biglg
Glad I found this thread. I too have tried to undo the horn honking while locking the vehicle on my 07. I think my neighbors thought i was crazy. I too thougth I was crazy that I couldnt follow the freaking simple steps in the manul to shut the horn up.

However, i easily got the unlock button to unlock all doors with one push of the button. That worked perfectly the first time. Strange that I cant get the horn function to shut off. I DONT have the factory remote start either.
Yep thats easy but we want the doors too unlock when one door is opened. with no remote.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jusjay727
does anyone have the one where all doors unlock when unlock is pressed once?
jus I actually did this by freakin accident I was tryin too shut up the horn and did what you want..
1) press unlocck button for 4 sec then press lock buton with the unlock then release together be fore ten seconds is up. hope it helps. if not try the reverse use lock button first then unlock. confused yet? lol Btw I shut that horn off for good I too didn't read the part where you use the panic button too be a horn dismissal. Effin dodge make a truck but can't print !!!a manual worth a f54k

Last edited by rocket23; 03-15-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Horn honk when locking doors on 07