3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Horn honk when locking doors on 07

Old 04-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Cupcke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I tried the manual way

I have a 2010 Dodge Nitro and tried what the manual said about holding the lock down for 4 seconds and all that but it still isn't working. What am I missing?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:45 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcke
I have a 2010 Dodge Nitro and tried what the manual said about holding the lock down for 4 seconds and all that but it still isn't working. What am I missing?
Cupcke,

In addition to the 4 second hold, did you select "ON" for the Sound Horn with Remote Key Lock option through your Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Cupcke

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Cupcke,

In addition to the 4 second hold, did you select "ON" for the Sound Horn with Remote Key Lock option through your Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)?
I don't know where that is? I see in the manual it would be on my steering wheel but my steering wheel doesn't have it

Old 04-30-2015, 03:42 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcke
I don't know where that is? I see in the manual it would be on my steering wheel but my steering wheel doesn't have it
Cupcke,

For vehicles that are not equipped with an EVIC, the button combinations can vary, depending on which feature you wish to active/deactivate.

Remote Unlock Driver’s Door First:

Hold the “Lock” button at least 4 seconds, but not longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the “Unlock” button while still holding the “Lock” button.
Release both buttons at the same time.
This will allow you to unlock all doors on the first press of the “Unlock” button.

Sound Horn Unlock:

1. Perform this operation while standing outside the vehicle.
2. Press and hold the “Lock” button on a programmed (i.e. functional) key fob.
3. Continue to hold the “Lock” button, wait at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the PANIC button. Release both buttons at the same time.
4. To reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps

Flash Lights With Lock:

Hold the “Unlock” button, wait at least 4
seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and
hold the “Lock” button. Release both buttons at the same
time.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:31 PM
Barry Colbaugh
Default Amen

Originally Posted by rocket23
jus I actually did this by freakin accident I was tryin too shut up the horn and did what you want..
1) press unlocck button for 4 sec then press lock buton with the unlock then release together be fore ten seconds is up. hope it helps. if not try the reverse use lock button first then unlock. confused yet? lol Btw I shut that horn off for good I too didn't read the part where you use the panic button too be a horn dismissal. Effin dodge make a truck but can't print !!!a manual worth a f54k
Amen Thank you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Horn honk when locking doors on 07