3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Back with some Q's

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:55 PM
i-love-my-dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back with some Q's

Hey guys, havent been around for a long time. I have been lurking around for the past week or so and finally remembered my username. The other day I was bored and was sitting in my truck and just because i turned the key on and off a few times(think it was 3 cycles) and the odometer flashed and said "done". What is my truck done with?

Also my truck just doesnt seem to have the responsiveness it used to. I used to push the skinny pedal and it would go, but now if I am on the highway I have to depress the peddle to about half way to get it off of around 1600 rpms. There is no change in rpm from nest to no throttle till around the point it downshifts?

Thanks in advance, Its good to be back and I have some updates to make

Old 10-10-2009, 11:03 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome back.
Your truck is done and ready to be retired now.

Actually, it does a self diagnostic trst when you do that and no cades are present, so it was done with the test.

You might try resetting the TPS sensor. Turn the key on (don't start), wait for the majority of the warning lamps to go out, maybe 10 sec., then slowly push the gas pedal to the floor and slowly release it. Turn the key off then start it and go for a ride. See it it feels any better.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:30 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by lxman1

You might try resetting the TPS sensor. Turn the key on (don't start), wait for the majority of the warning lamps to go out, maybe 10 sec., then slowly push the gas pedal to the floor and slowly release it. Turn the key off then start it and go for a ride. See it it feels any better.
please explain this ?

Old 10-11-2009, 11:39 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

It resets the TPS drive by wire system. It can often lead to better throttle response and sometimes eliminates dead spots and other related issues.
Give it a shot Ramhunter, it won't hurt anything. I do mine about once a month for the heck of it.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:08 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

i did it didnt feel anydifferent but now i no ...so whats the point in this re-set?

Old 10-11-2009, 07:21 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

It just means that yours was ok. If the drive by wire gets out of sync, it will cause drivability issues.

Quick Reply: Back with some Q's