3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips vs. bully dog hemi 5.7

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:44 AM
ttuguy1983
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips vs. bully dog hemi 5.7

I finally got a decent match up against another ram hemi regular cab (daytona package) on 20's. The guy was running superchips and had a CAI and exhaust. I was running my bully dog with my CAI and exhaust on 20's. so it was a pretty fair race. We both jumped on it from a light and ran to about 70 or 80. I could see him in my rear view and I was maybee about a truck length and a half ahead when we called it quits. I noticed that i didnt have my tow/haul on either after the race (maybe a little room for improvement?) Ive never noticed much of a difference with it on or off. I didnt notice a big difference between the programmers. My truck just seemed gradualy inch away, nothing to drastic. I did notice that the superchips made him scratch when he droped into second gear (the bully dog does not) so the superchips does shift firmer. He commented about how he didnt think the bully dog worked so well. guy was pretty cool about the loss. we talked about how the 6.1 cam and 4.56 gears would have helped alot and he said he was looking into getting them also. so im apparently not the only one in my little hell hole town modding my hemi. I posted this for the guys at a toss up between which programmer to get. Seems to me the bully dog is a bit quicker judging by my expierience today and will probably net you a bit more time off of your quarter vs. the superchips.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Superchips vs. bully dog hemi 5.7

Nit exactly a scientific test, there are a lot of variables at work. But congrats, I hope you enjoy your tuner!!

Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 AM
ttuguy1983
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Superchips vs. bully dog hemi 5.7

there's another user on here that got pretty much the same results on his truck using both tuners at the track. i think he said the bully dog was a bit faster than the superchips programmer on his truck. but like i said., at 70-80 i we were still pretty close. i had only puled ahead by a little over a truck length. just enough to were i could see him in my rear view. your right it's not an exact science, but at least it was a pretty close test. same truck-same mods-different programmers. I'm not trying to bash the superchips programmer. It works great. It seems that the bully dog as far as 0-60 and 1/4 mile times is just a bit quicker.

Anyone else try a similar test? Maybe with different programmers? better yet, does anyone have any dyno graphs of the same truck on different tuners?

Quick Reply: Superchips vs. bully dog hemi 5.7