Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 3rd Gen Ram Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 Mega Cab TPMS ?

Old 12-18-2007, 08:58 PM

Default 08 Mega Cab TPMS ?

I finally got my 08 mega cab this week. I had an 06 GMC 1500 crew and can say that I am impressed so far. The ride quality is excellent for such a big truck.

The only issue I have sso far is the TPMS light in the guage cluster is on. When I press the light load button, it will blink several times and then go off. I have checked my tire pressures and they are all good.

Anyone have any suggestion on getting this light to go off?

Thanks - I will post some pics of the new truck later thsi week
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Professional

Default RE: 08 Mega Cab TPMS ?

Look for the sticker on the driver door, it will tell you what ratio your tire should have. Under ligth load and heavy load. On my 2500HD under ligth load I need to have 60 psi front and 45 back tires. Just set your pressure as per the sticker and everything should be fine. Personally I hate this system so I removed the damn ligth.

K&N air/oil Filter
Oil Synthetic
Flashpaq Tuner
2.5 front leveling lift/2 inch rear lift
20" Alloy wheels
305\55\20LT Toyo Open Country AT

Need $$$ for mod
Old 12-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Professional

if nothing else try unhooking the negative batt cable for a for 2 min.
79 D150 4x2 360
78plymouthtraildusterW100,440,fulltime4x4
83 D150 4x2 ramcharger318
92 D150 3.9,
2002 1500 4x2 quad 4.7
73 plymouth satellite318
74 plymouth fury 2dr hardtop360
Old 12-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Professional

+1 good explaination. I had the same thing when I got new 35" on mine. Just double check the presure and that should fix it. It may take a 15 miles for the sytem to reset it self but just be patient.
B

Brian
08 Ram Mega Cab
leveling kit
35" BFG KM2 MT
Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Record Breaker

I noticed when I got my rig that the factory or the dealership had set tires pressures to the amount that would be in a 1500, not my Cummins powered 2500, I bumped them uip to 60 and 70 front and rear respectivley and noticed better mileage, and no more tire pressure light...

2007 Ram Big Horn Quad Cab CTD
Edge Juice and A2 monitor
H2 Wheels and 315/70/17 BFG A/T's
Custom *****'s Whistler Intake
AERO 4040XL
AMSOIL Dealer
Old 01-21-2009, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: Dodge RAM 2500 Diesel 4WD
Send a message via Yahoo to LaurenceHolbrook
Default More TPMS -

These are older posts and this maybe a dead thread, but two related questions - I use my 2500 RAM 4WD Quad Diesel to pull a 5 Ton toy hauler which I live in (with my Harley in garage) - I normally would inflate all tires (truck and trailer) to the pressure for maximum load capacity - I 'thought' that would minimize tire wear (flexing/heating) -

Is this no longer a good idea? - Should I be running reduced front/rear pressures per the placard when hauling a load?

Do I need to reduce my tire pressures when I'm not hauling the trailer, so called 'light load? -

Am I jeapordizing life/limb of me and my fellow citizens? -

Thanks for anyone's help

Larry Holbrook
Old 01-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Moderate User

Vehicle: 2008 Ram QC 4x4 BigHorn
Send a message via Yahoo to dirtydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceHolbrook View Post
These are older posts and this maybe a dead thread, but two related questions - I use my 2500 RAM 4WD Quad Diesel to pull a 5 Ton toy hauler which I live in (with my Harley in garage) - I normally would inflate all tires (truck and trailer) to the pressure for maximum load capacity - I 'thought' that would minimize tire wear (flexing/heating) -

Is this no longer a good idea? - Should I be running reduced front/rear pressures per the placard when hauling a load?

Do I need to reduce my tire pressures when I'm not hauling the trailer, so called 'light load? -

Am I jeapordizing life/limb of me and my fellow citizens? -

Thanks for anyone's help

Larry Holbrook
Depending on the tire, an over inflated tire for no weight will wear faster because tires begin to crown. Also, I notice a big ride quality difference with just 5psi difference in the tires.
If your hauling all the time, just run 5psi less than the max and you'll be fine. Happy medium. Just remember that's cold air inflation. When air is hot it expands. Sometimes up to 5/6psi. If 60psi is max rating, the tire could see up to 65psi or so when traveling highway speeds. This is fine. But cold the pressure needs to be no higher than the tire rating.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:10 PM

Vehicle: 2008 1500 SXT Hemi Mega Cab 4x4

Give up !! I have done the up and down on the tire pressure, towing, not towing, it just keeps beeping and flashing at the oddest times. I have talked to the dealer and worked on it myself, even bought a compressor to play the up and down pressure game and nothing. Button pushed, unhooked, re-set, tried it all and it has a mind of its own. So my advice, get use to it as part of your dash. I now keep all tires at 60 psi front and back. Lately it beeps on the highway, flashes a few times and soon as I hit a pothole or bump, it goes off. I just ignore it now. But I still love my mega cab. We have a bus strike in Ottawa right now so need to sit 90-120 mins in traffic every night and no care because I am in my truck.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM

Look in your owners manual and it will tell you the proper way to use the light load feature. There actually is a step by step process that is simple to follow that will take care of that problem. Plus look on the label on the drivers door and it will tell you the proper PSI for your tires when you use that feature...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:16 PM
All Star

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 QC Big Horn

It could also be a bad TPMS sensor. Mine beeps once for each of the tires that is under-inflated. In fact, the other day when it was below zero, it was beeping 4 times every time I started my truck because all 4 of them had dropped below the recommended pressure. I don't know how they can test them, but I'd check into that. Also, check the spare. Mine doesn't have a sensor on it, but I've heard some people do.
5.7L HEMI (MDS), 20" Aluminum Wheels, Tow Package, Popular Equipment Group, Power Heated Trailer Tow Mirrors, Inferno Red, Chrome Side Steps, K&N Filter, Rhino Lining, Chrome Bug Guard, WeatherTech Extreme Duty Floor Liners, McGard Lugs
Old 01-21-2009, 08:16 PM

Tags
1500, 2004, 2008, 35, button, dodge, durango, light, load, megacab, pics, placard, ram, reset, toyo, tpms, truck