3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help mount engine leveler to 5.7

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:56 PM
JAC1502
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help mount engine leveler to 5.7

I am in process of installing an 06 hemi into a 97 jeep TJ.

So far i have used straps to manage the engine but as i get ready to fab my motor mounts I need to use an engine leveler.

What bolts should I use? I see there are 4 bolts that run horizontal 2 FR and 2 RR on the heads but they seem small.

Please help! I want to move forward on the install but i dont want to tear the block down or risk any damage!

Name:  DSCF0527question.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  108.3 KB

Old 09-24-2010, 03:15 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

They make a sling the HEMI fits into o it can be lifted. Although I guess you could do like we did in the older engine days and remove the intake and use bolts into the heads.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 PM
brettj2408
Captain

weed is right. when we lift an engine out there are special tools that you use with the intake off.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:44 PM
HemiRam1566
Veteran

that tj will pull wheelies with that hemi! i want pics after its installed!!!!

Old 09-25-2010, 05:05 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leveling an engine in a swap can be a bit interesting. In the old days getting the intake manifold level was what most folks went by. Just keep in mind that many engines do not set in the center of the frame nor parallel with the frame rails. Most are shifted a little for steering box clearance. I'm interested in how you are going to manage the engine and transmission. Are you using a stand alone or grafting a OEM PCM?

Old 09-25-2010, 10:18 AM
JAC1502

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Leveling an engine in a swap can be a bit interesting. In the old days getting the intake manifold level was what most folks went by. Just keep in mind that many engines do not set in the center of the frame nor parallel with the frame rails. Most are shifted a little for steering box clearance. I'm interested in how you are going to manage the engine and transmission. Are you using a stand alone or grafting a OEM PCM?

I picked up a truck harness and stock non sentry ECU. I ended up buying prefab motor mounts so location is not an issue except I have lots of room to play and with my custom suspension I want to keep the engine as far back as I can.
I really wanted to avoid any straps or chain around the bottom of the engine any one have pics of what dealers use!? Maybe I could by longer grade eight bolts and remove 2 from and two back leave the intake on just tighten bolts all the way down to the head and leave a gap to not put pressure on the placomposite intake? Anyone know which horizontal bolts on the front and back of the head I am referring too? Ill get a pic later. Thanks for all and any help!

Quick Reply: Need help mount engine leveler to 5.7