3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Windows - Won't work

Old 09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Lostroadstone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 03 Ram QC, and recently the windows on all three passenger doors don't work when using the controls on the passenger doors. The windows all work when I use the controls on the driver door. Is this an electric problem or something else?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
lrnintendo
Amateur

Originally Posted by Lostroadstone
I have a 03 Ram QC, and recently the windows on all three passenger doors don't work when using the controls on the passenger doors. The windows all work when I use the controls on the driver door. Is this an electric problem or something else?

I had the same problem. I like to tinker with things before buying something I do not need so I messed around with the master panel, on the drivers door, unplugging and plugging wires back in and then later tried to get the switch apart but no success. In the process of trying to peel the back side off and look inside with a flashlight, I ended up breaking something on the lock mechanism and they have been consistently working for 4 months now. I recommend to get the new master panel from Dodge and should take care of the problem.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DWD Mark
Dodge uses junk components. My 03 Ram QC started doing all kids of weird stuff too. As of yesterday:
1. No windows other than from the driver's door
2. No door lock power to 3 passenger doors.
3. Door ajar light constantly on
4. No power mirrors.
Anybody got any ideas ?
bad ground

Old 09-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Calvert
Rookie

I have the same problem with my 03, i have taken the switch out of the door and made sure all the wire have had good connections and still nothing. It might be in the housing itself because when i get good and mad and beat the **** out of the door they magically work for a second. My lights on my window switched only dont work on any other door except the driver side. But i am quickly realizing that Dodge's are great trucks however ****ty wiring. My taillight got a short while on a cross country trip and melted the whole damn tail light assembly inside...of course a dealership charged me $200 for just the tail light bulb housing. Love my truck but wiring is garbage!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Windows - Won't work