3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mopar oil =who makes it? mopar oil filter who make it? Plugs can i run plaitum champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 04:14 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mopar oil =who makes it? mopar oil filter who make it? Plugs can i run plaitum champions

dude I am with RAMIT on this one... I feel less intelligent after reading this.

Guy probly doesnt have aHEMI, probly 4.7 and who cares what kind of oil was in it before anyway... after all your going to drain it out and put whatever you want back in it.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:28 AM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator
Default RE: mopar oil =who makes it? mopar oil filter who make it? Plugs can i run plaitum champions

I'm running Mobil 1 synthetic. My local dealership uses Mobil. I'm pretty sure that all dealerships do not use ALL the same vendors and products. I guess Mopar oil could be whatever your dealership wants to make it. Mopar just slapped their sticker on my CAI. They don't actually manufacture them... or do they?

Old 05-10-2008, 09:51 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what I'm wondering. Is this guy sure he even has a hemi?

Old 12-28-2009, 09:24 AM
bluedodgeram
Rookie

Only the 5.7 hemi's from 06 to present in the 1500's excluding mega-cabs have the mds system (8-4 CYLINDERS). I have changed my spark plugs, which were 16 plugs, and swapped them for NGK Platnium plugs, no issue's yet for the past year. I noticed it idles smoother, and had better acceleration. I highly doubt your truck has the mds system in your 05 hemi, I would run 5w30, mine has to be 5w20, because of the mds. I have changed to 5w20 mobile 1 synthetic recently, no noticeable mileage difference, or power difference, just a myth. It is good only when starting up in very cold temps, the synthetic flows a little better, but at a cost, very expensive for an oil change. Oh, and the hemi tick, when using synthetic oil, you hear it a lot sooner than regular oil. Your preference?

Old 12-28-2009, 09:50 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

I feel a little bit dumber after reading this thread.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:54 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

wow this guy doesnt read write or listen if he'd just slow down and take in what all of us are saying he'd make it further all hemi have 16 plugs 4.7l have 8. mobil 1, amsoil, and royal purp are the best pils out there. filters each to there own everyones got there own opinion on that my last change a cpl weeks ago i used a mopar because they were out of mibil 1 filters....usually i use mobil1 on everything......theres no way in hell somebody got 15hp out of a t-stat never....ngk v-power plugs are what seem to be the btter of the plugs i use them in everything even my older vehicles.....and guy stop caling places they will tell you what they want you to hear and believe and its not always true.....seriously these guys that are on this forum are very smart and helpful ....well most of them.....lol good luck with just slow down a take a breath you seem all uppity from the way you misspell words and use the wrong ones.....sorry just my intake.....

Old 12-28-2009, 09:55 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
I feel a little bit dumber after reading this thread.
i did to frog so your not the only one.....

Old 12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by jusjay727
i did to frog so your not the only one.....
third

and to the next poster...don't post. this thread is a year+ old, let it RIP

Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
tlawre87
Veteran

An example of the scary ppl out there that attempt to be mechanics.

sorry xfeejax, I didn't realize it was an old post.

Last edited by tlawre87; 12-28-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:10 PM
05RamMan
Captain

No offense, You guys are kinda mean. The guy is a little confused and came here for help. He hasn't insulted anyone, Hasn't told anyone they were dumb, or anything to the nature. He is just a little confused, We have all been there.

Let me get a few facts straight.
1. Flex Fuel = 4.7 engines and is the ability to use Ethanol. Hemi's Are NOT Flex, Nor is using ethanol mix really that great, As where you save in initial cost, You lose and then some in mpg drop.

2. MDS = only 2006 hemi's and UP, cuts fuel to 4 cylinders in the engine. Does not buy much mileage and alot of people completely disable it using a tuner.

3. All 5.7 Hemi engines have 16 plugs, 2 plugs per cylinder. One is there for ignition and the second is there to further burn off gasses still in the cylinder to reduce emissions further.

4. Hemi engines really don't respond to "Fancy" plugs. Us plain ole Cheap Copper plugs and you will be absolutely fine. This Especially goes for the secondary plugs, as anything more you are absolutely wasting your money.
However You Should make sure they are gapped properly when you put them in. I have rarely seen plugs properly gapped straight out of the box, So do double check the Gap.

5. Oil brand is more of a pref thing. I prefer Mobile 1 synth Since it is readily available and Relativly inexpensive. Probably everybit on par with Royal Purple.

**Oops, didn't realize this was a revived old thread. Well Hope the guy found out what he was after.

Last edited by 05RamMan; 12-28-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: mopar oil =who makes it? mopar oil filter who make it? Plugs can i run plaitum champions