3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pcm/ecm missing part number sticker lable

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 03:43 AM
Casey Acosta
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcm/ecm missing part number sticker lable

Hello all, I’m new here and I’ve searched these forums and all over the internet and couldn’t find a solution so i’ll explain my issue. I bought a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona 5.7VL Hemi ST/SLT as a project to fix up use for the beach. I had all the error codes scanned and fixed all the repairs that it needed. But after replacing the EGR Valve twice I kept getting code p0404 so I took the car to a mechanic for full diagnostic and of course he said I needed other repairs done to correct the issue which didn’t fix anything the code comes back on. Finally I was told to take the car to the dealer to get the PCM flashed. So I did just that. The dealer tells me that the issue does resolve in the PCM being bad and they no longer offer repairs on pcms for that year car being so old that I’d have to go through replacing the PCM aftermarket. I jumped on the internet and found a couple companies I’m sure most of you guys and girls may know of that offer plug and play aftermarket PCMs as long as you provide vehicle vin and pcm sticker numbers. I went as far as purchasing one of these pcms but when I went to get the model number ect off my pcm the label was completely worn off and not legible. So I found another company that offers repairs on the original pcm as long as I ship it to them they’ll make repairs that are needed and ship it back. Does anyone have any other advice they can offer me or have had this issue in the past. Anything you guys can help with would be greatly appreciative. The truck runs great smooth no issues starting no misfires no bad idling ect. I just need to replace the pcm and I don’t have proper information off my current one to get a replacement. I currently can’t pass inspection in New York because of this issue and I’m already $3500 in to deep just under the hood. I really want to fix the body and restore it back to its glory. Thank you.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:48 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

I would think the dealer should be able to tell you the part number, even though its no longer available.

Another option: this ebay auction says:
"This listing is for 1 Engine Computer replacement for the exact Year, Make, Model and Motor Size as listed. If you do not have your part# be sure to include your VIN. We can decode 98% of all Mopar vehicles and will match the correct part for you."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132662282712

I had a similar problem with my 04 1500, but was able to match up the part number with someone selling one online. Then had the dealer flash it to my VIN so I could pass inspection. You could guess at the part number with a similar truck's number, but I dunno if that will be close enough.

Good Luck!

Old 05-19-2019, 06:58 AM
Casey Acosta
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thank for the reply. I’m a get in touch with a dealer on Monday morning and see what they tell me. I’m also gonna look into that eBay listing. Thank again buddy.

Quick Reply: Pcm/ecm missing part number sticker lable