3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What mods did your wife or gf suggest or buy for you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:03 PM
WhiteBerry
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What mods did your wife or gf suggest or buy for you?

so for those of us who are lucky enough to have a supportive significant other, what did they want you to do to your truck/what have they bought for you?

my wife got me my Back Rack (her suggestion), i had to get side steps so she can get in it, and now that i got a CB with a basic antenna, she wants me to get a bigger, badder setup! she also wanted to get me a tonnaeu (but i already have back rack & toolbox) and the chrome package (door handles, gas door, etc) i love my wife!

Last edited by WhiteBerry; 09-17-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife bought my my front grille guard.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:45 PM
ninja4077
Default wife

I've only had my truck a couple of weeks, but my wife already bought me a low profile tool box, but now she wants me to get a side step (I don't want one).

Old 09-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Tizi
Professional

She likes the honeycomb grill. Found a dealer that will give us one for a decent price, but haven't jumped yet. She authorized buying mudflaps and wheel well inserts on "our" dime. Getting those during lunch tomorrow!

I am working on getting the stainless steel door sill guard (front and back). Anyone have those and how do you like them?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:51 PM
throberts
Professional

great post topic...the first thing my wife had to have were running boards due to her not being able to get in without straining (short and bad knees).....so I've been modding fairly regularly since I bought my Ram in June....got the K&N CAI and it had to come off shortly there after, I loved it roaring through the firewall...but let's just say she didn't share my exuberance, a bit too much drone for her on roadtrips. so I took it off and put a True-flow drop-in on. Give and take.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:15 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

I have an awesome wife and she says what ever you think looks good go for it and I do!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:24 PM
jumper82

Running boards so she can get in. (it's not lifted, yet), and fog lamps are on order.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:25 PM
ProjectMegaCab

1st item running boards
2nd lift and tires
3rd nav and tv's(don't see the point)

Old 09-17-2008, 09:31 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

mine was nice enough to buy me my ram for christmas 06 so ive been doin the mods on my dime.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:44 PM
WeightLifter500
Veteran

Originally Posted by 6 hemi ram
mine was nice enough to buy me my ram for christmas 06 so ive been doin the mods on my dime.
Dam that is a nice christmas present.

My soon to be fiance said that I could do whatever I want to with my truck... I am going to get something nice and shiney for her finger first but after that I will commence the modding. When I put my flowmaster 50 series DOR she said that it was orgasmic and always insists on riding in the truck. But after I get her the ring I want to go with a CAI, headers, x-pipe, Free-Flow magnaflow cats, dual AT 3030 mufflers, 4.56 gears, 212x cams with a dyno-tune, stand up bar with KC lights, side bars so she can get in when it's lifted, brush guard, and she wants me to get 37'' tires because the 33's that came on the truck are weak. All I can say is that I love my girlfriend. That and she is becoming a nurse. What more could a firefighter want? lol a sexy nurse that supports the modding of his truck. One frase... "Oh Right!"

Quick Reply: What mods did your wife or gf suggest or buy for you?