3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stock Fog Lights don't work

Old 11-30-2008, 06:21 PM
ChinaShopBull15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Fog Lights don't work

I have a 04 ram 2500 with stock fog lights. All has worked normal until today. You turn the headlights on and pull out the switch to turn on the fog lights. The indicator light on switch lights up saying fog lights are on..they aren't......
Fuse is good and both sides of fuse are live..
Relay is good and you can hear it click turning on and off..
no power at back of bulb..??..

I'm at a loss-- please help --I don't have the cash to go to dealer to have them do everything I already did and have the same outcome..

Old 11-30-2008, 06:37 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ChinaShopBull15
I have a 04 ram 2500 with stock fog lights. All has worked normal until today. You turn the headlights on and pull out the switch to turn on the fog lights. The indicator light on switch lights up saying fog lights are on..they aren't......
Fuse is good and both sides of fuse are live..
Relay is good and you can hear it click turning on and off..
no power at back of bulb..??..

I'm at a loss-- please help --I don't have the cash to go to dealer to have them do everything I already did and have the same outcome..
Have you ever changed the bulbs? Maybe they went out the same time or you didn't realize there was only one working and then that one kicked the bucket?
Just a suggestion because my tenant called me up last year saying that the light wasn't working in the bathroom and that the lighted switch wasn't on either. I drove all the way over there and it was the bulb.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
ChinaShopBull15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are aftermarket bulbs but I keep up what works and what doesn't pretty good on the truck. I need to make n extension for my test light to check for power at the bulb harness. Just procrastinating b/c its sleeting/snowing/raining out and the truck is too big for the garage. I'll post later with test light results.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock Fog Lights don't work