3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

06 2500 with headlight issues...TIPM?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should expand your class action suit to cover more Model Years.... There are SOOOOOOOO many issue with that TIPM since 2006 it's crazy.

The following users liked this post:
Last Dodge Ever (03-26-2021)
Old 04-24-2014, 08:34 AM
chris65
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah- expand it.
I bought my truck last year and all I've seen was the right blinker was going a little faster than the left one. But it was a great deal and the truck was nice.
at home, I thought I check and what I found was the beginning of lots of wiring.
somebody cut the left headlight off and wired the right headlight to the left headlight. after I fixed it, there was no power to the left headlight. little research brought the TIPM up. Back to the dealer I bought the truck from and told him. I also told him up front- if his techs really would had looked at the car, how he said and advertised, they would had seen it- long story short- after 3 used and also defective TIPM's he bought a new one from the dealer and gave it to me for free- nice move.
I put it in and the headlight worked but the right tail light was off. I found that somebody also cut the wires to the rear under the bed off and drilled the wires very unprofessionally together.
afte 3 weekends new wiring and repairing and also finding a gps-tracking device under the dashboard- CONNECTED TO THE OBD III WIRES
- and fixing all rednecked repair tries, the truck is electrically ok.
My point here- if the TIPM would not be so expensive- or if there would be the possibility to change the single modules for a reasonable amount in exchange, somebody would not have the desire to f..k the wiring up.
It is also sad, that it is not possible in over 8 years to fix the TIPM problems. for what do I need a TIPM anyway? having a light what stays on after turning the vehicle off, that everybody has a bad feeling in the stomach and checks on it, if it really cut off after a few minutes??? I programmed that crap out...

Last edited by chris65; 04-24-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:34 PM
dhawke
Default right side head light 2007 1500 5.7 hemi dodge ram 4x4

I also had my right head light go out on me but day time and high beam work but low beam will not so I change both bulbs thinking it was a burnt out bulb it wasn't I even changed the head light plug witch cost about $95 Canadian still no fix I also took apart the fuse box and looks to be in great shape no corrosion or burn marks where there could have been a short and there is no sign of that I can't seem to find a relay anywhere anyone have any idea's oh and I also checked the head light switch aswell and looks to be in good shape im stumped and im wondering why dodge has let this go on for so long we pay so much money for our trucks and cars I also in the last six months hooked up 4 fog lights because my truck dose not have them im wondering if that could be the cause because I have heard somewhere that if the voltage is some what low that things will shut down light a low beem head light everything else seems normal no other issues that I can tell other than the service I did on it a while back 4 o2 cencors and 1 coil and all plugs but I was able to do this with a code reader but im not getting any codes for the light witch is strange

Last edited by dhawke; 07-19-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: adding comments
Old 07-20-2014, 11:40 AM
dhawke

Hey you're not the only person that has this problem there tons and tons of people that have this problem including me I have a 2007 dodge ram hemi 1500 4x4 5.7 my right head light isn't working on low beam im trying to reset the the I.O.D but it hasn't worked so far in my fuse box its fuse number 11 you could try that I dont really want to go to dodge either to replace my tpim $1000 ouch that hurts do they got some lube before they stick it to us

Old 07-20-2014, 11:43 AM
dhawke
Default law suit

Hey you can include my name in there to because I have the same problem with my right head light

Old 07-20-2014, 07:33 PM
dhawke
Default head light problem

Hey has anyone thought to complain to dodge Canada I did on there facebook page and they want me to call there costumer service line ill keep everyone updated but if enough of us call then maybe they will do something about Choose an action...Mark UnreadDeleteArchiveReport Spam or Abuse

Dodge Canada

Dave P Hawke

I have a 2007 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi and just recently my right head light went out so thinking it was a burnt out bulb I replaced both bulbs hi beam and day time light work but low beam don't and I still have the same problem so I called a dodge dealer and a parts person told me that it was probably the head light plug witch cost about $95 Canadian so I changed it still no fix and keep in mind both blubs are new in the last 4 months so I took the left bulb out and put it in the right plug to make sure it wasn't the bulb and the right to left still same problem so I took apart the fuse box and it looks like its in good shape no corrosion or burn marks inside next step is I looked at the head light switch again looks good I personally think that dodge should be calling all dodge owners and telling them we have a fix for you're vehicles at no cost to us because they created this problem not us and we spent good money to buy there product there are hundreds and hundreds of people out there searching for for a fix for there tpim and dodge is leaving us hanging and I must say im very disappointed in dodge every person that has this problem should have a new tpim shipped to there doorstep free of charge because dodge created this problem we just buy you're product I think my next new truck might be a Chevy people are tired of the crap fix you're product

7 hours ago

Dodge Canada

Hi Dave- we're sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing. We suggest you contact Customer Care to discuss your situation with them. They can be reached at: 1-800-465-2001.*Thank you.

2 hours ago*·*Sent from Web

Dave P Hawke

So I have looked at my wiring harness and I have figured out its not a broken wire anywhere in the harness

I certainly will be calling them

2 hours ago

Dave P Hawke

This is how many km are on this truck not very much

25 minutes ago

Old 07-29-2014, 11:17 PM
dhawke

I was in contact with dodge Canada costumer service *1-800-465-2001
On the wweekend and the tell me there no recalls in this problem at this time and have also been in contact with dodge Canada on facebook aswell and I finally told them if they didn't do something for all of us I was going to contact the news outlets I also have the same issue with my right head light on my 2007 1500 5.7 dodge ram 4x4 hemi what happened when my left light gose out and its dark outside and I have my family in the truck and its going to happen its a god damm safety issue sure I can flip my high beams on but what about the oncoming traffic I cant afford $900 to fix there issue I think its time to buy chevy products

Old 09-04-2014, 03:34 PM
cbab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2012 Ram 4x4 Headlight, passenger side worked when it wanted to, replaced bulb with oem bulb, same issue, sometimes it works most time it doesnt come on. a nice bump with the palm of my hand on the edge of the light makes it come on, wiring or connection issue I GUESS>>

Old 09-05-2014, 08:42 AM
dhawke

Hey I have the same issue with my right headlight and I have talked to dodge Canada and they refuse to fix this for free. They want us to pay for the tpim and I was also told they have never heard of this problem what bunch of lying sacks of crap

Old 09-05-2014, 08:58 AM
dhawke
Default Hey I got a idea

We should all call dodge Canada and for the people in the USA call dodge USA on Friday and make higher call volume to **** dodge so they will fix our head light issues the tpim or fuse box and I also noticed the other morning and it was really dark out just outside of Calgary Alberta that my high beams were flickering a little bit so I'm thinking I'm going to lose all lights soon if that's the case because I can't afford a new tpim I'll be parking the dodge a start driving my old 1990 Chevy 2500 4x4 5.7 at least I know I can count on it to work properly and I also told dodge Canada that probably will never buy anymore dodges I'm going over to Chevy. And if you have read my previous posts about my 2007 dodge ram 4x4 5.7 1500 them you would know about my right head light issues and I just remembered that this problem started when I was hooked to a travel trailer

Quick Reply: 06 2500 with headlight issues...TIPM?