3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wipers sorted, thanks.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 10:52 AM
Bigmincey
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Wipers sorted, thanks.......

I "had" a problem with my wipers. Intermittent would sweep up to 20 times and wouldn't park properly. In 1st and 2nd speed they would work ok, but still wouldn't park. Wash wipe worked great, but sometimes parked, sometimes would stop mid-screen. I know its nothing serious, but its still a pain. I was gonna post up and ask for advice, but did a search first. Tons of information !!! So to keep this story short, I removed the wiper motor, stripped it and gave it a good clean. 1500 grit wet and dry sandpaper on the small circle inside, and the three contacts coming from the supply. Removed the corrosion deposits, re-greased the gears. Re-installed it, and it works perfect !!
Thanks to this Forum I now have perfect wiper operation. The search button is a wonderful tool ! If I have a problem, I always ask, so thought it was time to post up and say a big Kudos for all the advice and information available at the touch of a button !
From Scotland, in the UK, a big thanks troops !!!

Alan...............