3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 Ram 1500 SLT 5.7 just shuts off ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
luckystrike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that's it !!! It did after I filled up from a half tank, and the next morning ran ruff while warming up, Now it runs fine !!!

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:19 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

if it's dying with a half fill and running rough, your problem is worse along than mine is. lte me know if the fix works, so i know what to do if it ever gets bad enough for me to deal with it.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
luckystrike

Will let you know !

Old 02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

no doubt evap leak, hell could even be a cracked gas cap... look the whole system over...

Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
luckystrike

Hey Guy's, now that think back a couple weeks, I had a strange smell a couple of time in the cab of the truck. Could a Evap Leak cause a strange smell?

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 10:40 PM
luckystrike

Hi Guy's, it's been a while, just wanted to tell you the end result...

My truck is finaly fixed, the dealer ended up changing a fuel module ?

Not sure what's the exact name of it? I think along the way they fed me a bunch off Bull sh*t... Anyhow whatever they actually did, it seemes to be fine ! That fact that it was a warranty thing, I don't think they wanted me
to know to many details.... You know how the game goes !

Note: they so said no issue with the evap sytem >>>>

Thanks !!!!

Last edited by luckystrike; 05-24-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Pirate11

Hello;
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 that at stops the Idle RPM drops down and dies. Does not matter as to what the fuel level is. Does not do it all of the time though. Trying to trouble shoot is a you know what. I cleaned the Throttle Body and do not know exactly if my engine has a Idle Air Control Valve. Anyone know at to exactly where it is located on the engine???

Old 01-06-2010, 03:22 AM
Rstecik

Hello:

I am having a similar problem, truck ran great, shut it down and the next morning it wouldn't start or run without having my foot on the gas, I disconnected and reconnected the battery and it ran good until i shut it off and then i started having the same problem. Any idea's? Problem just started so far all i have done is change the PCV valve. It's a 2003 ram 4x4 with the 4.7L

Thanks

Old 01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
TBarCYa
Rookie

For the OP, they most likely replaced the faulty rollover valve in the tank. It stops fuel if the vehicle rolls over (duh) but when it goes bad can cause the engine to stop for seemingly no reason. I had this happen to mine about a year ago and once the dealer replaced the tank, the problem has not returned.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:38 AM
raddler
Unhappy Ram stalling

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
i got this issue too. i am just about positive it's an evap leak.

Truck only does it after i fill it up from under a 1/4. soon after i've filled up, i'll stop and the truck will either shut off right away or start rough idling. a little bit of throttle solves it if i catch it quick enough. won't do it more than twice after a fillup.

Fix for me is to not let the tank get under 1/4, or don't fill it up all the way in one stop if it does get under 1/4. I just don't care enough to track it down any further.
Exactly what my truck does It's making me crazy I cleaned the throttle body replaced the egr valve.I was thinking the fuel pump assembly as I notice the gas gauge at e when it starts acting funny. It did throw a p0440 code could not find the cause reset the light and it has never come back on.

Quick Reply: 04 Ram 1500 SLT 5.7 just shuts off ??