3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

create a Mods database.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:41 AM
traker1001
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default create a Mods database.

Hey guys,
I would like to create a database of modsfor the 3rd gen rams. I would like to break this down into 2 basic categories, Functional and Visual. I am going to start with the early 3rd gens, I believe 02 - 05 as I understand 06 and up has significant differences both in engine specs and looks. however I will work my way up throught the years. I would also like to break it down into the years, since each year has its nuances, For example the 04 tranny mod.

As for the informatio this database will contain, Each mod will be broken down into categories, Starting with visual and functional. Once to the specific mod, It will contain short description, A how-to, Required tools, time, skill, typical results (Confirmed preferred), and average price, Compatibility with other mods, FAQ's relating to that mod, and Also want to add a field for warranty void.

I am doing this database for my own selfish purposes, however, I will make it public once I have the basic outline created and allow it to be updated under a supervised fashion. I may also create an app that will use this database to help users keep track of said mods and general maintance info.

With that said I am aware of the FAQ's, Most all the current dodge forums., even the current wiki's of info about our dodges.

One thing I can't seem to find is information about the nuances from year to year, May require alot of research on my point.

What I am asking for, One has anything like this been done before if you know save me some time?

Two, if not, How many would care to actually see something like this?

Three Ideas, I imagine these will startflowing like wine once folks see some functionality.

You guys will probably see a functional start to this in a couple months when my time becomes a little more open.

**Edit**
Btw, I will probably focus on basically one year, engine and maybe bodytype at a time, Of course starting with my 05 ram 5.7 hemi QC. I will probably try to hunt for other owners of specific types to assist with there specific vehicle, If I can find willing participants.

Last edited by traker1001; 03-09-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:23 AM
Hoss356
Captain

So like a wikirampedia?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:33 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Hoss356
So like a wikirampedia?
nice one... bumps on that. Sounds like a ton of work. More than person could do thoroughly. But an awsome Bible when it was through. I think Hammer should write the prologue.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:02 AM
traker1001
Captain

I like that, 3rd gen Bible.

Yeah kinda like a wikipedia. Im thinking more like true database though. I would limit who could edit to approved people only as wikipedia tends to be fairly inacrurate. I am thinking of something like, You goto website, First thing that is asked, What year, make and model you have. From there things will get filtered to only things pertinent to you. The options to search for info on other things will be there.

And yes it will be more than one person can do alone, However, Ill worry about that after I get the foundation down.

First, I need to design the back end set the fields and tables. After that, ill design the front end(s). Once that is done ill worry about the hard part.

My main reason for doing this is purely selfish motives, Since I am gonna have this thing for what I see a VERY long time, I want to know my options with it inside and out. I would like to know exactly what mods I have done, What there affect on other mods is, what I have left to do, etc... I will however limit this to mods. I just can't seem to find any consistent and reliable info about any one mod in a single place.

Last edited by traker1001; 03-09-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:03 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a good dreamweaver copy if you need it to do that

Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a lot of work but it would definitely be a valuable resource once you got it done.

Last edited by Off_Road_Teacher; 03-09-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:01 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
I think Hammer should write the prologue.
makes sense, old fart wrote the prologue to the original bible too

Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

So what type of information would you like? I would think that if people that had some fairly decent mods were to go get a dyno print out and post that information with the mods they have on the truck at that time for that year would be really helpfull. You would be able to see what results people are having with mods "A, B and C" vs mods "A & B" or "C & B" or "A, B, C & D" and so on... It sounds like a great idea but a hell of a lot of work!!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this would be awesome!!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:45 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
makes sense, old fart wrote the prologue to the original bible too
Theres a prologue to the bible?!?! Wow... I thought Hammer was older than that.... *hides behind people so she aint smacked*

On a serious note though - this idea has been ran across me before my another member on DF - it would have to be something that has it's own space, site and bandwidth. I have a few things sitting on my section of my friend's that host my military site (http://ajtaylor.doberler.com) but its just for linking, there isn't a page there.

I'm trying to poke around and round up some work. If everyone is serious about this, I would be willing to help with the set up of the site.

--Cow-chick--

Last edited by RodeoRamCowgirl; 03-09-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Quick Reply: create a Mods database.