3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

where is all the grease fittings?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:25 AM
dutter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is all the grease fittings?

i crawled under the truck for the first time this weekend. where the hell are all the grease fittings? i guess i need to wait for the components to fail before i can replace them with ones i can grease. it reminds me of my old 1990 dodge that only had grease fittings for the tierod ends & pittman arm. i eventually added them as i replaced the ball joints, universals ect. just needed to vent.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you and me both man. my front end is squeeking and creeking like crazy. and theres no grease points.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Nope, there are none, Ive been there too. I guess you can drill and tap and add fittings though. My front end squeeks too a bit.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
bdhuntr
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Grease fittings makes it hard on parts suppliers. After all, if things don't wear out, you can't sell replacements!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:08 PM
dutter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Nope, there are none, Ive been there too. I guess you can drill and tap and add fittings though. My front end squeeks too a bit.

i have added grease fitting in the past to new components, the only trouble with existing components on the truck you will push metal shavings through.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: where is all the grease fittings?