3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stuck seat belt

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:18 AM
04Cummins2500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck seat belt

I own a 04 dodge cummins 2500 and my passenger side seat belt is locked to where there isnt enough slack to free it, what do I do?

Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF 04cummins Ill move this over to the Ram Section and possibly the CTD Section. Hopefully one of those guys could help ya out.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:56 AM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Cummins2500
I own a 04 dodge cummins 2500 and my passenger side seat belt is locked to where there isnt enough slack to free it, what do I do?
This sounds like an issue with the emergency belt feature (when the seat belt locks to keep the person from flinging forward when the truck stops suddenly)

You say there isn't enough slack - am I to assume that its all the way retracted?

Its probably something to do with the retraction mechanism in the seat belt's reel-thingy. Ive had the issue in my balt once or twice with the back seat belts, and in the F-150's at work the passenger that you are describing, but it would lock at about 4 inches of slack from being taunt & fully retracted. Working in the shop on the F-150's -- I played with the belt, sometimes this worked cause you just have to be smarter than the belt safety feature, sometimes it doesnt unlock when it should.

I ended up having to take one F-150 & my balt in for my Drivers belt cause of issues with the mechanism, they replaced the belt because of it.

If you are within miles, I would swing by the stealership and have them look at it, I would say see if you could look at the reel for yourself but major safety things (like the seat belt & LATCH, etc) I don't touch - I let a machanic deal with it...

--Cow-Chick--

Quick Reply: stuck seat belt