3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC Not Blowing??? Any Suggestions - Blend Door?//

Old 04-09-2009, 09:00 PM
madermu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Not Blowing??? Any Suggestions - Blend Door?//

ok, from everything i've heard.......i think it's got to be the blend door. the a/c is cold and the heat is hot......but nothing is coming out even with the blower on high.

So, if it is the blend door. Is there a DIY for this? Is the BD an actuator or what? I'd really like to take care of this myself if i can. I'd appreciate any help.

thanks,

Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 PM
RAMMER_06

i have the same problem on my 06 RAM ,
any help on how to do this will be appreciated as i can't afford to take it to the dealer
and warranty has finished since FEB.

thanx

Old 04-09-2009, 09:34 PM
MADMAXIN22
Professional

chrysler superseded the blend door, to the whole side housing that sits over the blower motor. Its a PITA for techs to even do. gotta pretty much take the dash out, but im sure a few just put the doors in threw away the rest. If i remember right you can get in behind the glove box and reach down and get the door out

Old 04-10-2009, 12:03 AM
madermu

man, i wish i could get some clarification on this......like rammer 06 i can't afford to take this to the dealership, i'm strapped as it is.....i don't care if it takes me all weekend, i'll put in the time.....cause i aint got the money.....hahaha....

rammer if you find a DIY send it my way and i'll do the same for you.....

thanks,

Old 04-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Chris1530
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was on for the 05floating around, i read through it (cuz i think mine "BD" is ***ked up too. Dont know that it would be the same. I can even remember who had it. but it did seem time consuming to say the least. But not sure if it would be the same on our 06-08's.
I will look around. And if anyone knows how much different it would be between the years. Help us out

Old 04-10-2009, 03:10 AM
madermu

Yah, I forgot to mention....i have an '04....

thanks everyone.....

Old 04-10-2009, 07:18 AM
MADMAXIN22
Professional

I looked up an 06 removal and installation for the blend door, and the its not the one i was thinking of. the recirculation door is the easy one. According to chrysler you have to

remove seats
a-pillar
upper dash panel
door sills

7. Remove the steering column (Refer to 19 - Steering/Column - Removal) .

8. Remove the two bolts (1) that secure the steering column support bracket to the instrument panel.

9. Remove the park brake release handle actuator rod (Refer to 05 - Brakes/Parking Brake/HANDLE, Parking Brake Release - Removal) .

10. Disconnect the instrument panel wire harness connector (2) located above the brake pedal from the bulkhead wire harness connector (1).

11. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, from the notch on the bottom, remove the left instrument panel side cover.

12. Remove the three bolts (1) that secure the left side of the instrument panel to the dash panel.

13. Remove the floor console, if equipped (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/CONSOLE, Floor - Removal) .

14. Remove the air bag control module cover, if equipped (Refer to 10 - Restraints/CONTROLLER, Occupant Restraint - Removal) .

15. Disconnect the air bag control module electrical connector (Refer to 10 - Restraints/CONTROLLER, Occupant Restraint - Removal) .

16. Remove the two bolts (1) that secure the instrument panel to the center of the floor panel.

17. Remove the right cowl trim cover (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, Cowl Trim - Removal) .
18. Disconnect the two instrument panel wire harness connectors from the two body wire harness connectors (1) located on the right side of the cowl panel (2).

19. Disconnect the antenna coaxial cable connector (1) from the radio coaxial cable connector (2) located on the right side of the cowl panel.

20. Remove the one bolt (2) that secures the instrument panel (3) to the HVAC housing (1) below the glove box opening (4).

21. Remove the right A-pillar trim (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, A-Pillar Trim - Removal) .

22. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, from the notch on the bottom, remove the right instrument panel side cover (1) from the instrument panel.

23. Remove the three bolts (1) that secure the right side instrument panel bracket to the dash panel.

24. Remove the four screws (2) that secure the instrument panel (5) to the top of the cowl panel (1).
25. Remove the two bolts (4) that secure the instrument panel to the top of the cowl panel.
26. Pull back the driver's side carpet as necessary to pull the air bag module harness out from under the carpet.
27. With the help of an assistant, lift the instrument panel up and off of the cowl panel and remove the instrument panel from the vehicle.
28. If required, remove the four plastic screws inserts (3) from the top of the cowl panel.

thats just to get to the airbox

Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 PM
madermu

I wonder if this works for an '04....somebody's gotta know something......

Old 04-10-2009, 03:27 PM
MADMAXIN22
Professional

SAME instructions for an 04

Old 04-11-2009, 05:12 PM
RAMMER_06

the recirculation door is the problem in my truck.

i opened the glove box and reached out to the right side and the door was broken and blocked the air flow.
when i moved the door air it was blowing again as normal.

i heard i can replace the recirculation door without having to open the dash.

Guys any help with that will be apprecaited ( pics if possible )

Thanx again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC Not Blowing??? Any Suggestions - Blend Door?//