3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46re mechanical issue ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 09:05 PM
Spooderboss2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46re mechanical issue ?

this is probably my 2nd post about this darn transmission so i have a 02 5.9 with the 46re and ever since i did a solenoid kit it repair it drove like a dream then i parked it took it out and all sudden 1-2 is gone after like 2 or more weeks of it driving just fine, i never adjusted bands which i知 feeling like is the issue but i need some clarification, so when i do start it up it値l drive off into first gear but if i floor it it値l like shift out of nowhere into a low gear around 2-2500rpm and then stay in 3rd or 4th gear, it has no codes and if i shut the truck off and turn it back on it値l do the same and drive off in 1st now i致e disconnected the 7 pin connector and sometimes it値l shift into 1st when i tell it to sometimes i have to do neutral then first when moving but it値l grab it at a stop just fine

Old 10-24-2023, 08:03 PM
Spooderboss2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spooderboss2000
this is probably my 2nd post about this darn transmission so i have a 02 5.9 with the 46re and ever since i did a solenoid kit it repair it drove like a dream then i parked it took it out and all sudden 1-2 is gone after like 2 or more weeks of it driving just fine, i never adjusted bands which i知 feeling like is the issue but i need some clarification, so when i do start it up it値l drive off into first gear but if i floor it it値l like shift out of nowhere into a low gear around 2-2500rpm and then stay in 3rd or 4th gear, it has no codes and if i shut the truck off and turn it back on it値l do the same and drive off in 1st now i致e disconnected the 7 pin connector and sometimes it値l shift into 1st when i tell it to sometimes i have to do neutral then first when moving but it値l grab it at a stop just fine
i swapped the governor sensor even tho i replaced it a couple weeks ago and adjusted the band inside the trans pan to spec and it still still solve the problem could it be clogged valve body?

Old 10-25-2023, 07:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Manual first gear, and 'auto' first gear, use different hydraulic circuits, and I don't think the band is applied in 'auto' either. How is the fluid level? Gotta check in Neutral, checking in park will give you an artificially high reading.

Quick Reply: 46re mechanical issue ?