3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gauge & accessories problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 07:42 PM
Btboup
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge & accessories problems

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi. A little history, purchased used last Nov. 2022. Been replacing almost everything month after month. Around October 20th while driving home the truck just turned off and would not start, had to have it towed to my house. I'm my own mechanic so I do what I always do I hit Google and I either go to the dodge form or I go to A-1 Auto and it tell me to check out my fuses and my starting relay I did all that there was some fuses that have been broken in the relay was no good so I replaced the relay and I replaced all of the fuses that were not good destiny I had a lot of corrosion around my battery and in the cable so I replaced the battery cables and still no crank no start but then I guess I must have skipped checking fuse #31, it's the PCM fuse I replaced that then the truck started and then immediately turned off and it would break the PCM fuse. Then I checked the alternator, and found it was not charging the battery. So I called the local Ram dealer got the correct model number for the alternator ordered from my neighborhood auto parts store Barts Parts next day delivery I installed the alternator and decided to replace a the battery that had a higher CCA than the one I had, so I purchase a battery with 950CCA.
After all those repairs the truck started up fine and runs without turning off but now my RPM, Speedometer gauges do not work nor my radio, cigarette lighter and the power outlet plugs are not working. I checked all the fuses and found that the fuse for the cigarette lighter which is number 40 has no power going into it when I checked the fuse plug-in, and also the accessory fuse #38 has three slots and I'm aware that only two of them are utilized but my problem is that when I attempt to put a fuse in , it pops on contact if I install it in the 1st-2nd position.The slot position number one has power at all times with the key on and off. In the second and third position did not contain any power at all.
Checked online it was told I would need a new fuse box.

HELP DIY LADY

​​​​​​

​​​

Old 12-09-2023, 10:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Do any of those items share the same fuse? Or the same power source from the ignition switch?

Old 01-09-2024, 04:38 AM
sfiengo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is going to be an issue on the back side of the fuse box. i removed mine and found a broken wire. they call it the tipm. when i fixed that seemed to fix a lot of issue. check there.

Quick Reply: Gauge & accessories problems