3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 ram 4.7 Error code p0441 HELP!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:18 PM
viperblueram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 ram 4.7 Error code p0441 HELP!!!

The engine code always through out the error code 0441 but it ran fine. Recently. my truck has been idling really low-sputters and shuts off at red lights or really low RPM's. I took it to a mechanic a cousin of mine knows and the some biatch engine light TURNS OFF ON THE WAY THERE!! SI get there, tell him what's happening and he connects it to a little computer and says it's not throwing out codes I can't do anything. I don't know what to do. It's still sputtering and the engine light turned BACK on a couple days later... Anyone know what's wrong???

Old 08-11-2009, 07:31 PM
chefred112
All Star

check all your vacuum lines...did you do something in the engine whre you may have removed something and not put it back?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
southGAdodge
Default code P0441

My check engine light came on with a P0441 code. You can check the code by turning the key to the "ON" position quickly, three times. The code will display at the odometer. A P0441 code is triggered by a leak in the fuel vapor system. My truck also would idle irradically. Revving up and down. Then I noticed what appeared to be gas leaking from around the fuel tank opening. I replaced the fuel cap, but that didnt stop the problems. Then I examined the area around the fuel tank opening. I noticed that three brackets held the opening in place. One of the brackets, which are welded to the fuel tank, had created a very small hole. Apparently the vibration of riding over the years had created the hole. I sealed up the hole, then reset the CEL. You can reset the CEL by turning the key to the "ON" position, then disconnect the battery and then reconnect. Since I sealed the hole the CEL has not come back on and the truck has no problem idling. Finding a hole in the fuel lines can be very difficult, but that is most likely the reason for you getting the code and can also cause idling problems because it disturbs the oxygen content of the fuel.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 ram 4.7 Error code p0441 HELP!!!