3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

steering wheels shakes....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:04 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want something good for my truck and not have to worry about it a yr down the road again they were new when i bought my truck but i just dont have hundreds to throw away i got 200 to do this and want something decent that will last me...like my golden poon.....just had to throw that in...rh

Old 12-04-2009, 10:25 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

what do you guys think about these....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...Q5fAccessories
ive been told some good thing about on other forums anybody have any ideas and i heard about this....
http://www.moparmagazine.com/2009/ma...tomers_a_break
called local staelership to see if they had a kit and dont have ceramic kits but have a make it new kit for 208+tax....
opinions?

Old 12-04-2009, 04:35 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

come on guys advice... iwas told no to the drilled they crack and told the greens suck they eat rotors and then im told oem is the best.... well im at a stand point i dont have the chedd to go all out but i still want quality can somebody help a brotha out...

Old 02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
72combo
Champion

Well once you get to the point where you are starting to pay for your rotors go to one of those shops that give you life time warranty on your brakes. That is my plan and the same for my battery, if I can find someplace. I read about some old lady that was selling her old car with several transferable lifetime warranties. I thought cool I am gonna do that for as many items as possible. She had like brakes done 12 times in 20 years or some thing like that cuz they rusted....she probably didn't drive enough LOL that would be my problem. Chrysler has had issues with all their rotors for years, since the intrepid came out. You would think they would stop using the jap scrap and even when Daimler came in and put 4 wheel discs on almost all cars standard. Even rotor sizes seemed big enough but seems lately someone has reevaluated and I noticed even gm went back to drums on the rear of some vehicles strangely enough?
I won't even bother the dealer with warped rotors after the first year, too much headache for a $300 fix using lifetime warranty parts (are they still available). including labour. That would be labour alone at the dealer and parts would be more money for same crap they already have. I would agree to pay the high price of the labour if they would use good parts and lifetime warranty them.

Sorry just realized I am in the wrong gen...same thing though as far as it goes.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:58 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

i already replaced em anyho....

Quick Reply: steering wheels shakes....