3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Recently bought a Hemi...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:21 AM
GottaLuvHemi's
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recently bought a Hemi...

and must say I luv it...But after riding around for a few weeks I have started looking at what to buy first. Leaning towards a programmer but after reading more into them, not sure with the 03 its the best buy I have read many reviews and threads on it but seems like everyone ends in people picking whatever is in thier trucks(and I can understand that too) and not many seem to have 03's that are speaking up in the threads.

Honestly I wont be going all out on mods(well at least for now, Im sure many have said the samething before...)

So if anyone can lend a hand thanks

Old 09-25-2009, 04:50 AM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Welcome to DF man, grats on your new truck:P

Post some pics of it though!

As for your programmer, I'm a newb when it comes to those-I don't even have mine...YET-but someone should be able to help you out. All of these old men around here are asleep at this hour though.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

reason you dont hear 03's speaking up on programers is because the 03 guys have a little free mod they can do that others cant lol lucky basterds. so they have not much need for the tunner . im sure one of them will chime in for ya

Old 09-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Bob5151
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just give us your wallet, checkbook, any stocks you might own....we'll help you spend it all.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:28 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Ramhunter is referring to the TM mod.(torque management) It reduces engine power in the torque converter so the tranny can shift smoother. if you do the mod, I think it's a simple wire swap, then you can have the effects of a shift kit. Otherwise, the handhelds don't have any other TCM support for the 04/04 years.

Quick Reply: Recently bought a Hemi...