3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My review of the Diablosport Predator

Old 09-23-2009, 02:42 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My review of the Diablosport Predator

As some of you may know, I am a sports car writer for the Detroit Examiner. Most of my performance experience is with carbed engines, so i had a hard time stomaching the price of the DSP....but it was worth every cent. I wish that they made something to wake up the stratus...

Click the image for the full review!

Last edited by BadStratRT; 09-23-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:08 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now go buy a SC and compaire them head to head. and as far as the cell goes do you think the DSP tune made the cell pop or is it just the truck?
i owned a SC in the ol truck and it always threw cells from time to time with a tune on it . never could tell the truck ran fine . seems like these tunners throw cells more than a stock tune to me . wonder if the DSP will be worth putting in the megacab?
nice wright up BTW

Old 09-23-2009, 03:12 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Nice write up and I am glad it is working out for you better than you expected it to. I first started with it on the 91 tune and it was great, but after tweaking their tune a little and adjusting the shift points my truck feels even better than it did with just their tune and my 0-60 times back it up, when you get into it a little deeper start playing around with it a bit more

Old 09-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Bob Cosby

Nice article. I like the idea of crisper shifting, and likely some of the other features too. Even though its a bit truck, I also still care about MPG, and an increase of ~10% is awesome. However, that was with the 93 octane tune, correct? Is there anything in the "stock tune" that would help MPG on regular gas? I suspect there isn't, but thought I'd ask.

Again, nice writeup, and thanks.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its been my understanding that the tuner improves power and economy in every tune...and you can even modify your stock tune. everyone ive talked to with a tuner reports better mileage in pretty much every tune setting.

for what its worth, i was running 93 octane in my truck before and after tuning it...so i didnt go from stock with 89 to modded with 93...that increase is tuned and untuned, with 93 octane fuel.

one other example...those of you who play with your overhead readout likely know where their trucks "Sweet spot" is...i find that i get my best mileage with the cruise set at 60-65mph. at that speed on a relatively flat highway, my computer readout stays around 22-23mpg. at those same speeds with the tuner, my mpg hovers around 25.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My review of the Diablosport Predator