3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heater problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:46 PM
kody_lawrence
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater problems

Recently I have been having problems with my heater blowing cold air. Once the truck is up to temp, I turn on the heater - cold air, turn heater off then back on - warm air for a couple seconds then slowly goes cold again. After about 15 mins. or so of this it will start working fine. Does this sound like the control is going bad. Thanks

Old 10-06-2009, 12:02 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

You may have a broken recert door or problems with the blend doors. But ck the coolant level 1st.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:13 AM
motorhead426
All Star

I assume your engine coolant is up to the proper level. Have you had the coolant drained at all? I've heard of people having air in the heater core which would cause cool air to come through the vents.

I've also heard a few people with broken HVAC housing components, like the blend door and such.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 AM
kody_lawrence

Yep you got it, talked to a mechanic friend of mine and he told me to check for air in the system. So I ran it awhile last night with the cap off and it was doing quite a bit of burping and was a little low on coolant as well. Working like a charm now. Thanks

Quick Reply: Heater problems