3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally back and i got a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 PM
BlacknRed06
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally back and i got a question

Well its been along time since I have been on and it's cause I have been without a computer. So for the past couple months I have been messing around with my truck, street tuning it and what not. According to my A/F gauge im pretty close to being correct at WOT.. heres my question tho when it shifts the truck makes a weird almost farting noise lol but its only sometimes not everytime, anyone have any idea what it may be? On a side note the other night i did a burn out through a couple gears and shot a huge flame with a decent size boom... so i do still need to work on the AF maybe that has something to do with it?

Old 10-07-2009, 09:01 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the fart noise is called "the hemi fart" some get it, some dont

Old 10-07-2009, 09:22 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Yeah I get it bad with my 03. I bet if I had no cats or a short muffler she would shoot flames. My guess is that at the shift point the TQ managment pulls the timing some raw fuel dumps into the exhaust then lights off on the next ignition. I was scared the first time it happened.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:26 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

welcome back blacknred i get it also between like 2 and 3 at wot nothing to worry aboutwith a cai itll calm down....also click the link to join in my sig its a section for us lower guys also if you look in the sticky we have our own topic section thanks jay.....

Quick Reply: Finally back and i got a question