3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2008 dodge ram 1500 hemi 4x4 big horn PROBLEMS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 AM
gmazet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it was more a case of: We don't want to spend money on a part, send this guy away and tell him we can't find anything wrong.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:07 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

There should be a law protecting the customer for ALL garages that make the garage liable for fixing the wrong part. Why should the customer pay for a part that didn't fix the problem? Afterall, you need to be a certified tech to begin with! That will make them learn the stuff inside and out rather than play guessing games.
Everywhere else in the world you go, the customer isn't liable. Why in auto repair? If the Doc makes a mistake and performs a surgery that doesn't correct the problem the customer would still have to pay?...lmao

Dealers and all garages are a joke. This is why I started to teach myself about auto repair at the age of 15. I've done everyhting myself thus far not to mention the convenience aspect.

Dealer stated my tipm was bad, I said it was my cluster. They replaced the tipm that DIDN'T fix the problem and they wanted to charge me for it..lol meanwhile I'm still under warranty. What a crock. i bought a cluster with my own money and installed it. Problem was solved.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:15 AM
sfletc

Hey guys, I just joined this forum so I can reply here. On Friday July 1st 2011 I took my 2008 Ram with only 27k miles to the dealer for the same problem, rattle from the front suppension. Ended up being a badly leaking strut on the drivers side NOT covered by factory or extended warranty (time was up on the factory) Was told it would be $800+ to replace both front struts, I opted out and drove down the street to SEARS auto center where they said they could do them for $450, but upon removing the struts they also found that the ball joints were shot caused by the bad struts, another $400 fix and the ball joints are a dealer only part! I might also add that SEARS recommends doing an alingment after changing the struts because it can change the camber. I have contacted Chrysler about the problem and awaiting a response, if I get one I will let you know.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:09 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck. I put Bilstein shocks on mine as soon as I hit 36k. They never leaked, they were just way to soft from day one. For a gas shock, they had very little resistance when pushing them in and barely pushed back out when released. The Bilsteins are very stiff by hand and really help keep the tires planted to the ground.

Let us know if you get any love from Chrysler. They have been helpful in some cases lately from what I hear.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:25 PM
345cihemi
Default bad outer tie rods

I bought a 2008 dodge ram big horn with 19,xxx miles. i drove it for about 2 months and started hearing poping in the front end, i put it on a lift where I work and both outer tie rods were bad. i put 2 new moog outer tie rod ends on it and the poping went away.

Last edited by 345cihemi; 09-02-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 dodge ram 1500 hemi 4x4 big horn PROBLEMS!!