3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Parts upgraded!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 12:19 PM
2005cobrakiller
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Parts upgraded!!!

So I havent installed anything yet cause its been butt *** cold here in MI.... But I have 4 brand new billistein leveling shocks.... leveling kit.... a1 cardone pwr steering pump(7th one ugh)... Tie rods.... ball joints..... battery..... While im under there, whenever that may be, Imma fix these damn hid's.... I just dont get it.....

Anyone with HID knowledge this would be helpful... I bolted the ballasts to the inside of the front frame rails...... Name:  ballastplacement1.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  154.0 KB Name:  ballastplacement2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  154.5 KB
the problem is when the lights are turned on these things pulsate like a strobe for about 15 seconds obviously this is bad i dont need police impersonator charges lol... anyway... then when they do turn on the start dim then get insanely bright and they are fine problem is if i switch to high beams they pulsate again obviously this is a problem if I am driving and my lights are pulsating anyone got any ideas as to why they are doing this.... There is nothing wrong with the bulbs nor the ballasts its all brand new and I have sent a pair back for warranty and they were fine.... I cant figure if i crossed some wires.... Imma check all the connections when i install the rest of the stuff... as for now i swapped my high beams out with regular light bulbs until i fix the problem... any ideas would be great... thanks hid crew

Old 01-15-2010, 08:13 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Do you have capacitors on the HIDs? If not, that should be your problem. My truck when I first got them, I didn't specify my lights were for a Dodge, and I didn't get the capacitors. When I turned the lights on, they wouldn't flicker, until I started driving. I could sit and idle for hours with the lights on and not have a single flicker. And my brother got his connections in backwards at the ballast, and the lights didn't turn on. Turned them around and they worked, so your wires shouldn't be backwards.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Red Ram 07
Rookie

it might be vibrations from the frame and it might be shacking the connection....
just a thought.
maybe some rubber bushings in-between the mount and the frame

Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

good calls but thats not it either... I pulled the headlights out yesterday thinking well maybe i have a connection loose but them connection are in their real good.... maybe they are faulty I dunno I am tempted to buy me some new projection enclosures and call it good... I know one of the HID lamps went completely out so that may be a problem as well

Old 01-18-2010, 01:34 PM
wyseguy77
Captain

You might need resistors. you show do try a search lots of info here on this topic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parts upgraded!!!