OK, first off I just purchased a 02 Ram 1500 Quad Plus yesterday. It is nice and I am loving it so far. It has a custom hood that just makes the whole thing look great! I paid $8,800 for it and it has 101k miles for those interested. But I have some questions / problems:
1. It has power everything but I did not get a key fob for the RKE. So a quick eBay search shows them for around $15. But how can I confirm the truck even has RKE? I have requested the build list but the link the this forum I found was broken so I am not sure I put it in at the right place.
2. OK, so assuming I have RKE and I get a fob, must I dealer program? The reason I ask is the electronic doo-hickey on the ceiling of the truck under settings has a "Teach RKE Fob" or something to that effect. So can the truck program or do I need to take the fob to a dealer.
3. The red seat belt indicator never goes off. Any tips on kicking off the trouble shooting on that?
4. The heated seats do not work at all. No heat and the toggles do not light up in any way when I mess with them. I checked the fuse and it is OK. I found all kinds of info on flashing lights, but what about no lights?
5. Lastly, the driver side window and lock cluster seems to be trying to fall into the door. As it is it is kinda a pain to adjust the mirrors. Is this easy to get into? What part is broken that is causing this.
Sorry if some of these are dumb questions but I am a new owner. I do not have a manual but I downloaded the 2004 one from Dodge to get by on for now.
PS: Pic of my new baby/toy: