3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tracking down vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
jmann229
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tracking down vibration

I have a 04 5.7 qc 1500. I had a radial tire and a non radial tire, same size, on the rear axle, there was some vibration but i bought a new tire today so now all 4 tires match, I got a front end alignment also, still have the vibration. the guy at the tire place drove and it said its probably coming from the drive shaft or transmission, I dont think its coming from the drive shaft because the vibrating stops when you let off the throttle, I'll check the transmission mount tomorrow, it vibrates low until 65-70 then stops,and it feels almost like warped rotors when you brake,but the rotors,calipers and pads are new. its not a real bad vibration, just bad enough to get on your nerves, and bad enough to get fixed, it rattles the passenger door panel slightly too. anyone experienced this before?

Last edited by jmann229; 05-10-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:37 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

I got vibration also, my u joints are bad .I thought it could be my rotors also. my brake calipers were hanging up.. i replaced the rotors and pads and still have the vibration.. could be your issue... Mine only does it when I am on the gas pedal too...

Old 05-10-2010, 10:51 PM
jmann229

i know it sucks, it makes me not want to drive my truck but i have to get a tag for the z28 and wont have the money until next week for it. i looked at the tran. mount tonight, looked in decent shape. it may be the drive shaft, it came from the junk yard after the original one broke when my pinion gear locked up. i have a brand new drive shaft with new u joints but its at my dads house and he is in cali until mid june.

Quick Reply: tracking down vibration