3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Right Power window only works from driver's side

Old 02-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Beastro
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 04 4door had the same problem. pop out the window dor lock panel and the power clip to the window door locks. there is a single red wire i found when i pushed it it it worked fine. its like there was a bad pin connector. i took it apart recrimped the wire and it works like new. when you take this apart take your time the plastic brakes easy. il get pics if guys need

Last edited by Beastro; 02-20-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 PM
ram man17
Captain

Originally Posted by Beastro
when you take this apart take your time the plastic brakes easy.
I have had the same problem for months now. When I was changing out my door speakers I figured I'd take a look to check what the problem is. Couldnt find the problem but I did break the plastic clips that lock down the control panel so everytime you press window up, the whole panel slides forward. SO BE CAREFUL! Mine looks so ghetto now

Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Beastro
Veteran

yeah i found the little plastic clips when i broke mine and got some plasic glue and put them back on. not the same but it holds

Old 02-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Kamel87
Professional

hahahaah i have that same problem about the entire thing moving up and down

Old 02-20-2010, 03:58 PM
fasttruck860

I have this problem with my 2 door, but it has the window lock button. Anyway to figure out if that is faulty?

Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 AM
Beastro
Veteran

Originally Posted by fasttruck860
I have this problem with my 2 door, but it has the window lock button. Anyway to figure out if that is faulty?
Yes at night push it if the light comes on its working if the light does not its not working. And the red wire I talked about is the power window lock button wire. If you pop the hold thing out and play with the red wire and hav some one use the pssangers window you will see what im im saying

Old 06-01-2010, 01:43 PM
motionb

I have an 03 Durango, I've got a similar problem, all passenger windows work only with the drivers door master controls all three doors won't work by the switch on the door. It's like the windows lock is engaged but it's not, I got on ebay and found a replacement switch bank, swapped it out and it still didn't work, I've taken both control panels apart and cleaned all switches and contacts and still nothing. I guess it's possible for both units to be bad, but I was wandering if maybe there was some sort of relay or other component in line somewhere that might be causing it. Any Ideas?

Well, I didn't realize I didn't read down to the last post, just read the post above, will try that, hopefully that's all it is, please excuse my ignorance!!

Last edited by motionb; 06-01-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
kitch03ram

2003 slt same problem... doesnt really bother me as long as the driver switch works. could be a chevy and no windows would work at all...

Old 06-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Denniss66
Veteran

well not too sure about the two door but with the four door the window lock always screws up on mine i took it all apart and cleaned out the window lock switch and bent the prongs so they make the right connection and it works if the wife would leave it alone she always uses it cause of the kids i told her to just keep the car brush in the front seat and use that to get them to stop playing with them.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:24 PM
jeffkrol
Default 2002 2 door

I have a similar problem. Passenger window is intermittent.
I do know that it is related to the main harness at the drivers control panel..
I noticed that when I pushed the whole panel forward (on the drivers side, there is a little play) the passenger switch would work again. Taking the connectors out and in would also fix the problem (not exactly sure if it's the main one or the secondary). I had to remove the door panel and take out a blown speaker (actually intermittent, another story) and on replacing the whole thing the passenger side now is more stable (so far). Seems to have to do w/ the bend in the harness and the plug. I suspect it somehow breaks the contact to the plug. Not a short or break AFAIKT...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Right Power window only works from driver's side