3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.7L Hemi-Broken Valve Spring - Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:30 AM
FireFighter
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oneHEMI57
FireFighter; Thanks for your trouble and the notification. I had thought about your goat during the summer in how was it doing after your spring-rod venture last spring. Being you had not posted anything lately I took it all is running to specs.

And thanks to the other Ga goatDriver, Weed, for the source tip to buy the rods&springs from 'here'. The prices I do like.

The rod pic tells there are a slight flat wear spots on each OEM rods. It would be interesting to have a hardness comparison test on the two. Thanks for the info.
Welcome. Yep, all running great....have 10K miles on the new rods and springs...all is good.

There wasn't any noticable wear on the OEM's, it's prolly just a reflection off the flash, they were all still nice and round...to the naked eye at least.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:33 AM
1liter

Does anybody know How to get a hold of Adam? He is the guy that makes the Valve spring tool for the 5.7L Hemi I have been emailing him for days now thanks to anybody that can help me.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1liter
Does anybody know How to get a hold of Adam? He is the guy that makes the Valve spring tool for the 5.7L Hemi I have been emailing him for days now thanks to anybody that can help me.
I have seen him on DT recently.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^ His personal email is in his for sale thread for that tool

Old 10-27-2010, 07:43 PM
1liter
Default Valve spring tool

Originally Posted by weedahoe
^^^ His personal email is in his for sale thread for that tool
I have been Emailing that address for days With no reply I guess I will try and make one from his pics of his tool I 2dayd my parts to me and all I need is the tool to do it thank you guys for your help, Mabe he does not make them anymore, does anybody want to sell theirs to me?

Old 10-28-2010, 04:02 AM
lschones

i have read this whole thread and hoping you guys can atleast point me in the right direction. i bought an 04 hemi a couple of months ago and like a dumbass i bought it with all of the after mods done without me doing them myself. This truck has a bigger cam with a cam tuner installed. My question to firefighter is what gave you the idea other than having it happen before that you had a spring broke...im kind of scared bc with this bigger cam i dont know if they changed to bigger springs and when i pull up to stop signs or parking spots the truck dies and the idle at times can be real irregular it is throwing off like 6 codes for random cylinder misfire and TPS and MAF sensor and i have checked all of these...i have taken the TB off and cleaned it and also the EGR and cleaned it...i am out of answers and i know this is an old thread i am just trying to rule out this crap bc your thread was intense...i was sitting here like "oh $hit" what did i just buy other than it dying at stop signs and such...the truck runs like a striped *** ape....i cant even keep back tires on it please help if you guys can

Old 10-28-2010, 04:19 AM
abarmby
Champion

Sounds to me like you need a tune lschones?
What tuner are you using?
What cam is in?
Do you know the answers to any of these questions?
It would really help the guys on here to help you if you do.
Al.

Last edited by abarmby; 10-28-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 AM
abarmby
Champion

lschones
Plese see your PM.
Al.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:45 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start a new thread, something like "What mods do I have?" And start telling what you know about your truck. Maybe a few pictures would help.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 AM
lschones

will do red...thanks

Quick Reply: 5.7L Hemi-Broken Valve Spring - Help