3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door lock not working (just one door)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:10 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by regert
I looked at my wires as well and they look fine, I know when I put in the new accuator the lock worked 4 times and then nothing after that. could it be the drivers door switch group or even the fuse box? really sucks, I've had the truck for 2 years now and it's work for the first 2 months and nothin since.
SOunds like your new actuator crapped the bed. There could be a short that is frying the actuator as well??? best bet is to get the multimeter out and check the wires and switch.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:00 PM
regert
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll look into it on the weekend as it's raining here, let you know what I come up with. I might have a fire sale as this door not working is like a thorn in my side.

Thanks for the input guys

Old 04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
jose13b
Veteran

Originally Posted by weedahoe
I had the same with my D/S door. I ended up replacing the lock actuator and everything was fine.

Look for P/N 55276791AF

price is $45 on http://wermopar.com/

price is $25 on http://www.allworldautomotive.com
i dont see on theses sites on how to get door lock motors what is the exact link

Old 04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

go to the site and type in that part number

Old 07-17-2010, 06:22 PM
jdpartsman
Professional

Finally had some time this weekend to mess with the truck alittle (even thought it's like 100 degrees outside) Anyway....I also noticed that the speaker on the door that won't lock does not work. Maybe I have some bad wiring like weedahoe said?

Old 07-17-2010, 11:23 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, you will have to pull it apart and check

Old 10-24-2011, 09:16 PM
everittak

Originally Posted by jdpartsman
Finally had some time this weekend to mess with the truck alittle (even thought it's like 100 degrees outside) Anyway....I also noticed that the speaker on the door that won't lock does not work. Maybe I have some bad wiring like weedahoe said?
I have this exact same issue with my Drivers rear door. No speaker out put and no lock. Windows work from any switch as they should. I took the door apart and there is not issue - no broken wires at all. I have not taken apart the door wiring boot yet, but two failures at once is suspect. jdlpartsman - what did you find?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:23 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the wiring first.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:49 PM
OldManSPLATTER

Originally Posted by everittak
I have this exact same issue with my Drivers rear door. No speaker out put and no lock. Windows work from any switch as they should. I took the door apart and there is not issue - no broken wires at all. I have not taken apart the door wiring boot yet, but two failures at once is suspect. jdlpartsman - what did you find?
I took my door apart as well, and everything checked out. Had a heck of a time figuring out the boot, but that's where my problem was.

Pull the boot from the frame side, not the door side, and you should see a white molex-type plug. I had to wiggle mine loose, and then I was able to disconnect the connector, pull the connector back away from the door while pushing boot towards the door, and found 3 broken wires.

A little soldering and electrical tape later, and everything works fine. Good luck.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:37 PM
everittak

Thanks for the help guys. I had attempted to remove the boot earlier, but I didn't want to force anything. With the pictures and the descriptions I too found 4 broken wires and repaired them. While the wires seems small and somewhat brittle, I think it's the tightness of the rubber that's putting undue strain on the harness. I'm wondering if a relieve cut to loosen up the rubber 'hole' would help cure this. Once again - thanks.

Quick Reply: Door lock not working (just one door)